PE-Firm Advent in Talks to Acquire MoneyGram (MGI) - Source
- Wall St ends up with Goldman; Dow posts biggest weekly rise since June
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Smashes Analyst 3Q Views on Robust M&A and Underwriting Activity
- Tesla (TSLA) Stock: Jefferies Raises Price Target on Higher Capacity Ramp and Sustained Demand, Berlin Giga Will Set New Design and Assembly Standards Says Analyst
- Food, fuels lift U.S. import prices in September
- SEC to Allow First Ever Bitcoin (BTC) ETF - Report
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MoneyGram International (NYSE: MGI) is in talks with private equity firm Advent about a potential acquisition, according to a source. Talks are said to be early and no formal bid was made at this point, it was added.
Last year, rival Western Union (NYSE: WU) made an offer for the company but a deal never materialized. Also, in 2018, a definitive merger agreement between Alibaba-backed Ant Financial and MoneyGram was terminated after failing to gain approval for the transaction from the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS).
The Financial Times reported about the new Advent/MoneyGram speculation overnight.
Advent declined to comment to StreetInsider.com, while MoneyGram said it does not comment on market rumors or speculation.
(updated 10:12AM EST with MoneyGram comment)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- IPO for SPAC Sanaby Health Acquisition Corp. I (SANB) Opens at $10.06
- IPO for SPAC Achari Ventures Holdings Corp. I (AVHI) Opens at $10.05
- Medallia (MDLA) Shareholders Vote to Approve Acquisition by Thoma Bravo
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity, Rumors
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!