P/E Firm Said Lining Up Financing for Potential Akamai (AKAM) Bid - Source
- Futures fall on growing fears of recession
- MongoDB (MDB) skyrockets after crushing results, guidance estimates; analysts buoyed
- China eases COVID quarantine rules in major policy adjustment
- Bernstein's Sacconaghi cuts Tesla (TSLA) estimates to 'significantly' below consensus on EV demand issues
- Apple (AAPL): Morgan Stanley cuts iPhone estimates again, expects revenue miss
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
A private equity firm is said to be in talks with banks to secure financing to launch a potential formal bid for Akamai (NASDAQ: AKAM), according to a source. Given that funding markets are tighter due to rising interest rates and macro concerns, it is unclear how successful the financing will be and if it will lead to a bid.
While the name of the private equity firm was not disclosed it is worth noting that recent market rumbling has suggested that Elliott Management could again be circling the name, although this could not be verified. In 2018, Elliott built a stake in the company but moved on once a quick sale of the company could not be ascertained. In addition to its activist investor activities, Elliott Management has a private equity arm.
As the backbone of the internet, Akamai has seen solid growth over the last few decades however this growth is seen slowing down. This year, revenue is projected to grow only 5% and EPS could be down. In addition, forex headwinds could impact results. Still, a takeover of Akamai would be a worthy prize for a tech-focused private equity firm, which may be able to strip out costs to increase profits and improve efficiencies to grow revenue faster, especially in web security.
Akamai has not responded to a request to comment on the rumor.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- St Gobain Said To Near $1B Sale Of Uk Retail Unit Jewson To CVC - Bloomberg
- Ericsson (ERIC) to sell IoT business to Aeris
- FTC Issues Subpoenas Over One Medical (ONEM), Amazon (AMZN) Deal: Dealreporter - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Related EntitiesElliott Associates
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!