Merck (MRK) Said to Be Unidentified Suitor for Acceleron Pharma (XLRN), Not Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) - Report
- Wall St ends up with Goldman; Dow posts biggest weekly rise since June
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Smashes Analyst 3Q Views on Robust M&A and Underwriting Activity
- Tesla (TSLA) Stock: Jefferies Raises Price Target on Higher Capacity Ramp and Sustained Demand, Berlin Giga Will Set New Design and Assembly Standards Says Analyst
- Food, fuels lift U.S. import prices in September
- SEC to Allow First Ever Bitcoin (BTC) ETF - Report
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE: MRK) is nearing a deal to acquire Acceleron Pharma Inc. (NASDAQ: XLRN), in an agreement that could be completed as soon as this week, The Wall Street Journal reported citing people familiar with the matter.
The agreement, which will bolster Merck & Co’s rare-disease business, would be one of its biggest deals, should it come together.
Shares of Acceleron Pharma rose 6.7% intra-day Monday after a Bloomberg report after the close Friday that the company was for sale to a large unidentified pharmaceutical company.
Before the Journal story, Bristol-Myers Squibb (NYSE: BMY), which already owns a large stake in the company, was thought to be that suitor. It is unclear if both companies are involved in bidding for Acceleron.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- IPO for SPAC Sanaby Health Acquisition Corp. I (SANB) Opens at $10.06
- Plug Power (PLUG) to Acquire Applied Cryo Technologies
- Tempo Automation Set to Go Public Through Merger with ACE Convergence Acquisition Corp. (ACEV)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!