Intercept Pharma (ICPT) Gains as Novartis (NVS) Said Interested in Bid
- Wall St edges higher as jobless claims fall, Robinhood weighs on Nasdaq
- Moderna (MRNA) Tops Q2 Street Estimates, Nabs $4.2 Billion from 199 Million Sold Vaccines That Yielded 93% Efficacy Through Six Months
- Oil rises on Mideast tensions but virus concerns weigh
- Penn National Gaming (PENN) 'Scores' with $2 Billion Deal to Acquire theScore (SCR), Seen as 'Highly Strategic'
- Uber (UBER) Beats Estimates As Higher Labor Spend Drags on Profitability, Analysts Lower PTs but Remain Bullish
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Intercept Pharma (NASDAQ: ICPT) is gaining 5% mid-day on word Novartis (NYSE: NVS) is interested in a takeover of the company in a deal that could be announced in the mid-January, according to a source. In the past, Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ: GILD) was also said to be interested.
"It is our company policy not to comment on M&A speculation," an Intercept spokesperson told StreetInsider.com.
(updated with company statement)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: U.K. Considers Blocking NVIDIA (NVDA) Takeover of Arm Over Security - Bloomberg
- FTAC Athena Acquisition (FTAA) has agreed to merge with Business Services Firm Pico - Bloomberg
- Lumen Technologies (LUMN) to sell local incumbent carrier operations in 20 states to Apollo Funds (APO) for $7.5 billion
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!