Here's Why Meredith (MDP) Stock Price Soared 18% in After Hours
- Wall St ends up with Goldman; Dow posts biggest weekly rise since June
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Smashes Analyst 3Q Views on Robust M&A and Underwriting Activity
- Tesla (TSLA) Stock: Jefferies Raises Price Target on Higher Capacity Ramp and Sustained Demand, Berlin Giga Will Set New Design and Assembly Standards Says Analyst
- Food, fuels lift U.S. import prices in September
- SEC to Allow First Ever Bitcoin (BTC) ETF - Report
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Meredith (NYSE: MDP) stock price is up 18% in pre-open Friday after the Wall Street Journal reported IAC/Interactivecorp (NASDAQ: IAC) is in advanced talks to acquire MDP, which owns brands like People and Better Homes & Gardens.
The report adds that the deal is likely to be worth over $2.5 billion as IAC attempts to Brides, Serious Eats, and TripSavvy. IAC’s market capitalization stood at $11.93 billion while MDP was valued at $1.83 billion.
Meredith stock price soared 18% to return trading above the $50 mark for the first time in over 2 years.
Shares of the company are up 128% YTD.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- IPO for SPAC Sanaby Health Acquisition Corp. I (SANB) Opens at $10.06
- Carl Icahn Issues Open Letter to Southwest Gas (SWX), Launches Proxy and Announces $75/Share Tender Offer
- Roth CH Acquisition III (ROCR) and Qualtek Acquire Urban Cable Technology
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, Pre Market Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!