Canadian National Railway (CNI) Said Near Deal for Kansas City Southern (KSU) - Bloomberg
- Futures rise as focus turns to Fed's inflation stance
- Oil prices rise as demand improves, supplies tighten
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Pops 10% as Tesla's Musk Signals Another U-Turn on Bitcoin Payments
- Dollar stands tall in big week for FX markets
- Novavax (NVAX) COVID-19 Vaccine Demonstrates 90% Overall Efficacy and 100% Protection Against Moderate and Severe Disease in PREVENT-19 Phase 3 Trial
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Kansas City Southern (NYSE: KSU) is close to accepting a takeover proposal worth more than $33 billion from Canadian National Railway (NYSE: CNI), according to Bloomberg, citing people familiar the the matter.
The offer tops a $25 billion one from rival Canadian Pacific Railway (NYSE: CP).
An announcement could come as early as Thursday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Richard Branson in Talks to Merge Virgin Orbit with NextGen Acquisition Corp. II (NGCA) - Sky
- UPDATE: Extended Stay (STAY) Sale to Blackstone (BX), Starwood Said to Likely Pass - Bloomberg
- Helios Technologies (HLIO) to Acquire NEM S.r.l.
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!