Canadian National (CNI) Plans to Make $30B Topping Bid for Kansas City Southern (KSU) - DJ
- S&P 500, Dow end at record highs as weak jobs data eases rate worries
- U.S. Added Only 266,000 Jobs in April, Well Below Estimates
- Roku (ROKU) Surges After Crushing Profit Estimates to Prompt an Upgrade to 'Buy' at Loop Capital
- Dollar broadly weaker after U.S. jobs data disappoint
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
(Updated - April 20, 2021 6:49 AM EDT)
Canadian National expects to make the offer Tuesday.
The offer was raised to $325 per share, including $200 in cash.
In March, Kansas City Southern agreed to be acquired by Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (NYSE: CP) for $29 billion in cash and stock, which includes the assumption of $3.8 billion of outstanding KCS debt, valuing KSU at approximately $268.67 this morning.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Navitas Semiconductor Said to Agree to Live Oak (LOKB) SPAC Merger - Bloomberg
- Bill.com (BILL) to Acquire Divvy for $2.5B
- The Athletic Sees New York Times Co. (NYT) as a Leading Contender for a Tie-Up - DJ
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!