Brookdale Senior Living (BKD) in Acquisition Talks with Zhonghong Zhuoye Group - Reuters
- Wall St ends higher as Fed signals bond-buying taper soon
- Fed maintains federal funds rate at 0 to 1/4; Fed maintains Treasury, MBS purchases but says moderation in pace may 'soon be warranted'
- Toast (TOST) IPO Opens Up 63%, Pushing Valuation to Nearly $33B
- Facebook (FB) Shares Hit After Warning on Impact of Apple's (AAPL) Privacy Changes
- Adobe (ADBE) Tops Q3 Estimates, After-Hours Move Lower in Shares Creates a Buying Opportunity Says Analyst
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - June 13, 2017 11:38 AM EDT)
Brookdale Senior Living (NYSE: BKD) is in talks to be acquired by Zhonghong Zhuoye Group, the same group that bought a stake in SeaWorld (NASDAQ: SEAS) last month, Reuters reported citing people familiar with the matter.
Brookdale Senior entered into exclusive negotiations with Zhonghong after it made an offer of around $3 billion, which was substantially above other offers, the report said.
Negotiations are ongoing and a deal may not be forged, the report added.
Brookdale and Zhonghong did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MGM Resorts (MGM) Eyes Way to Get Control of BetMGM with U.K. Partner in Play - Bloomberg
- General Electric (GE) in Talks to Sell Nuclear Turbines Unit to EDF (ECIFF)
- HollyFrontier (HFC) and Sinclair receive request for additional information and documentary material from the FTC
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!