Tesla (TSLA) to Increase Giga Shanghai Capacity by 450,000 EV Units Per Year - Report
- Stocks gain, shrugging off latest policymaker inflation concerns
- Cisco (CSCO) Gains as Results, Guidance Signal Supply Constraints are Easing
- Mind Medicine Surges on Connection to Bed Bath & Beyond Whiz Kid Trader Freeman
- This Indicator Signals Apple (AAPL) Stock Could Hit $230 - Bank of America
- Kohl's (KSS) Tumbles on Soft Results and Slashed Guidance
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Electric vehicle giant Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) has picked a location to build its new production facility in Shanghai next to its Gigafactory 3, which would make Shanghai “the world’s largest vehicle export hub”.
The new factory will be capable of producing 450,000 units annually and is expected to start making Model 3 and Model Y vehicles once Tesla completes the first stage of the plant’s construction.
The new assembly facility will be a part of Tesla’s existing Gigafactory 3 which started production in late 2019. The news come after the Post reported in February that Tesla wants to build a second production line in Shanghai to more than double its capacity in China.
In its Gigafactory 3, Tesla produced 484,130 Model 3 and Model Y vehicles last year, which accounts for 51.7% of its global total of 936,000 vehicles. The company delivered 321,000 China-made Model 3 and Model Y vehicles last year, marking a 117% rise from 2020.
The carmaker’s existing production line in Shanghai is capable of producing more than 1,000 in a single shift.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- CFRA Raises PT, Estimates on Tesla (TSLA) as Inflation Bill Cuts Competition
- Tesla cuts delivery waiting time for Model Y in China to a minimum of 4 weeks
- Bath & Body Works (BBWI) Dips on Big EPS Forecast Cut, Analyst Sees Several Positive Catalysts
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot List, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTesla, Model 3, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!