Stratasys (SSYS) and Desktop Metals (DM) to merge in $1.8B all-stock deal, see $1.1B in 2025 revenue
- Wall St opens lower as mixed data fuels Fed policy uncertainty
- 12 Wall Street analysts discuss Apple Vision Pro as 'hefty' price pushes shares lower
- Crypto exchange Coinbase (COIN) sinks as SEC sues for breaking US Securities rules
- Bitcoin slides to near 3-month lows after SEC sues Binance
- SEC sues Binance, Apple unveils Vision Pro headset - what's moving markets
Get Alerts SSYS Hot Sheet
Overall Analyst Rating:
NEUTRAL ( Up)
Revenue Growth %: +5.0%
Join SI Premium – FREE
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Stratasys (NASDAQ: SSYS) and Desktop Metals (NYSE: DM) have today officially announced they will combine in a $1.8B all-stock transaction.
Under the terms of the agreement, Desktop Metal shareholders will receive 0.123 ordinary shares of Stratasys for each share of Desktop Metal, implying a value of approximately $1.88 per share. Upon close, Stratasys shareholders will own 59% of the new company, and Desktop Metal shareholders will own the remaining 41%.
The deal, first rumored by Bloomberg on Wednesday, will unite "the polymer strengths of Stratasys with the complementary industrial mass production leadership of Desktop Metal’s brands, creating an additive manufacturing company that is expected to be well-positioned to serve the evolving needs of customers in manufacturing."
The combined company is guided to generates $1.1B in revenues in 2025, "with significant upside potential in a total addressable market of more than $100 billion by 2032."
"The combination with Desktop Metal will accelerate our growth trajectory by uniting two leaders to create a premier global provider of industrial additive manufacturing solutions" - commented Stratesys CEO Yoav Zeif, with his Desktop Metals counterpart Ric Fulop adding: "We look forward to combining with Stratasys to deliver profitability while driving further innovation for a larger customer base and providing expanded opportunities for our employees."
The merger is currently projected to close in Q4 2023, and remains subject to customary closing conditions, including approval by shareholders of both companies.
Shares of SSYS are trading around 2% lower following the announcement. DM is up over 6%.
By Vlad Schepkov
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- KKR near $1.6 billion deal to acquire CIRCOR (CIR), including debt - WSJ
- CIRCOR (CIR) to be acquired by KKR in a $1.6 billion deal
- Brera (BREA) spikes after company acquires $100K+ stake in Manchester United (MANU)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot List, Mergers and Acquisitions, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, Vlad Schepkov
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!