FedEx, Splunk and Marvell rise premarket; Cisco, Broadcom fall
- S&P 500 hits 2023 closing high as Powell strengthens peak rate bets
- Santa will continue to deliver - Stock Trader's Almanac
- 5 Tesla analysts weigh in as Tesla stock lags after Cybertruck updates
- Shares climb, dollar falls with Fed comments inspiring dovish bets
- Ulta Beauty lifts guidance after Q3 results beat estimates
Investing.com -- U.S. futures fell sharply Thursday, as the Federal Reserve’s hawkish stance in the wake of its latest policy-setting meeting raised concerns about further rate hikes hitting economic activity.
Here are some of the biggest premarket U.S. stock movers today:
FedEx (NYSE: FDX) stock rose 5.1% after the delivery giant lifted its annual earnings guidance, with its quarterly bottom line helped by cost cuts that improved operating results, though that was partially offset by ongoing demand weakness.
Darden Restaurants (NYSE: DRI) stock fell 0.3% after the Olive Garden-owner maintained full-year sales and profit targets even though it beat quarterly estimates, helped by higher menu prices.
KB Home (NYSE: KBH) stock fell 3.3% despite the homebuilder posting a 3% rise in its quarterly revenue, helped by strong demand amid tight supply of homes. That said, the company cut its expected average selling price for the year, signaling difficulties ahead.
Broadcom (NASDAQ: AVGO) stock fell 5.9% after The Information reported Alphabet-owned Google (NASDAQ: GOOGL) executives had discussed dropping the company as a supplier of artificial intelligence chips as early as 2027.
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) Technology stock rose 3.7% after the report by The Information stated that Google has been working to use the company as the supplier for networking chips used in its data centers.
Frontier Group (NASDAQ: ULCC) stock fell 3.1% after Citi downgraded the carrier to ‘neutral’ from ‘buy’, noting the company’s recent remarks about experiencing more pronounced seasonal weakness aligned with data indicating a downturn in December travel bookings year-over-year.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Midday movers: Snowflake, Salesforce, and more
- Paylocity Holding (PCTY) Announces Acquisition of Trace
- Goldman Sachs Reinstates Nasdaq OMX Group Inc. (NDAQ) at Neutral, 'Valuation, little financial flex limits upside'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot List, Investing, Special Reports
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!