FAAMG Stocks Fall 32% on Average During 1st-Half of 2022
- S&P 500 ends down as jobs data rekindles rate hike fear
- U.S. Adds 528,000 Jobs in July, Topping Estimates
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) (BRK-B) Posts Strong Operating Results Even As Buyback, Equity Buying Slows
- Amazon (AMZN) to Buy iRobot (IRBT) for $1.7 Billion
- Block (SQ) Stock Falls Despite Earnings Beat, Analysts Remain Positive
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The FAAMG tech behemoth stocks were down 32% on average for the first half of 2022 versus a fall of 21% for the S&P 500 as a whole.
Below is how each FAAMG name performed for the first half of the year:
- Meta (Facebook) (NASDAQ: META): down 52%
- Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL): down 23%
- Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN): down 36%
- Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT): down 24%
- Alphabet (Google) (NASDAQ: GOOGL): down 25%
The S&P 500 had its worst start of the year since 1970, the Dow had its worst start since 1962, and the Nasdaq had its worst start ever.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Investors Buying Calls Ahead of Earnings See +38% Average Return
- Global Blood Therapeutics (GBT) resumes trading, shares up 48%
- Goldman Likes to Buy Calls on Stocks Which Underperformed S&P 500 in Recent Days (SPY)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot List, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!