Apollo Global Management Exploring Ryder System (R) Acquisition - Bloomberg
- Wall Street falls as jobs report keeps Fed on hike path
- U.S. job juggernaut rolled on in November; nonfarm payrolls up 263,000
- We are selling risk rallies - Bank of America's Hartnett
- United Airlines (UAL) nearing deal to order dozens of Boeing 787 Dreamliners - WSJ
- Meta Platforms says metaverse could contribute over $3 trillion to global GDP by 2031
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
According to a report by Bloomberg Tuesday, Apollo Global Management is looking into a potential takeover of transportation and logistics firm Ryder System (NYSE: R).
Citing people with knowledge of the matter, Bloomberg stated that while "terms of a transaction couldn't immediately be learned," a deal would value Ryder at a premium compared to its market value of $3.4 billion.
In May this year, Ryder confirmed it had received an unsolicited offer to acquire all of its outstanding shares not owned by HG Vora for $86 per share in cash. However, that was rejected in June.
The article from Bloomberg said no deal with Apollo has yet been reached, and there is still a possibility talks could break down, partially due to challenges in the debt markets making it tough to raise financing.
Ryder shares jumped more than 14% after the news broke.
By Sam Boughedda
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Craig-Hallum Sees 'Tremendous Logic' for RingCentral (RNG)/8x8 (EGHT) Merger
- Horizon Therapeutics seen worth up to $140/share in takeover
- Huber Research Sees TEGNA (TGNA) Deal Closing by Year-End
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot List, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!