Amazon (AMZN) Shareholders Set to Approve 20-for-1 Stock Split
- Growth stocks drag Nasdaq lower, energy shares bounce
- Just Another Bear Market Rally, Morgan Stanley's Wilson Says
- Oil prices rise amid G7 talks on new Russian sanctions
- Coinbase Downgraded to Sell at Goldman on Further Downside Risk, Robinhood Upgraded to Neutral on Better Risk-Reward
- Michael Burry Warns of the Bullwhip Effect, Says the Fed Could Reverse Course
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN) shareholders will be asked at tomorrow's (May 25th) Annual Meeting of Shareholders to approve the pending 20-for-1 stock split and authorize an increase in the shares outstanding to carry out the split.
Amazon said the split would provide employees with more flexibility in how they manage their Amazon equity and make the stock more accessible to anyone who wants to invest in Amazon.
If approved, each shareholder of record at the close of business on May 27, 2022, will have 19 additional shares for every one share held as of such date reflected in their accounts on or about June 3, 2022. Trading is expected to begin on a split-adjusted basis on June 6, 2022.
In addition to the stock split, shareholders will be voting on directors, the ratification of Ernst & Young and independent auditors, an advisory vote to approve executive compensation, and various shareholder proposals.
The meeting will be held at 9 AM PST, or 12 PM EST.
Shares of Amazon are down 36% year-to-date and down 23% since the split was announced in March.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Amazon (AMZN) Still the 'King of Summer Sales' - Jefferies
- LendingTree (TREE) Shares Plunge 10% on Revised Q2 Guidance
- Get Ready for a 10% Rally in S&P 500
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot List, Stock Splits, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!