Buffett's Berkshire Loads Up Another $500M+ in Occidental Petroleum (OXY) Stock on Recent Weakness
- Wall Street mints big gains to end strong week
- JP Morgan's Kolanovic Predicts No Recession and Next Week's Rebalancing Could Drive Stocks Up 7%
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, ends constitutional right to abortion
- FedEx (FDX) Gains on Solid FY23 Outlook, Analysts Mostly Bulled Up Into Next Week's Investors Day
- Get Ready for a 10% Rally in S&P 500
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK-A) used the recent weaknesses in oil stocks, related to President Biden's attacks on the sector and recession worries, to add more Occidental Petroleum (NYSE: OXY) stock.
In an SEC Wednesday evening, Berkshire disclosed it bought another 9.55 million shares at prices from $54.96-$56.42 per share.
The value of the latest purchase was over $500 million.
The latest purchase brings the firm's stake to 152,713,846 shares. Berkshire also owns warrants that cover another 83,858,848 shares, with an exercise price of $59.62, and 100,000 preferred shares.
Shares of Occidental are down 21% since the start of June.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Truist on Occidental Petroleum (OXY): 'We believe there is good chance billionaire investor Warren Buffett buys the remaining 2/3 of Occidental', Raises PT to Street High $93
- KANZHUN LIMITED (BZ) Reports Q1 Revenue of $179.5M, Net Income of $19.1M
- Quotient (QTNT) Announces Proposed $20M Underwritten Offering
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot Insider Trades, Hot List, Hot New Coverage, Insider Trades
Related EntitiesWarren Buffett
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!