Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) Falls as Cohen Files to Sell His ~9.5M Shares
- Wall St posts third straight quarterly loss as inflation weighs, recession looms
- Intel's Autonomous Unit Mobileye Files U.S. IPO, Defying Weak Market Conditions
- Nike (NKE) Drops 9% as Inventory Surges 44%, Analysts See Attractive Valuation
- Hollywood Super Agent Attempts to Open Door for Twitter-Musk Settlement - Bloomberg
- Dollar up on euro as quarter ends, commodity led currencies sink
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ: BBBY) sold off into the close after Ryan Cohen's RC Ventures filed a Form 144 with the SEC to sell his 9,450,100 shares starting on 08/16/22.
This is equal to about 9.8% of the shares outstanding and is the amount of stock owned by Mr. Cohen via a February 24, 2022, SEC filing.
According to the filing, it represents the potential sale of up to 7,780,000 common stock and the following call options: 11,257 BBBY CALLS 01/20/23 @ $60, 5,000 BBBY CALLS 01/20/23 @ $80, 444 BBBY CALL 01/20/23 @ $75
The shares will be sold via JP Morgan.
The sale comes as a surprise as Mr. Cohen had been working with the board to turn around the company. Also, Cohen's stake has been a driver for the recent short squeeze and meme-stock rally in the name.
Below is a copy of the filing:
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wells Fargo Starts Coinbase (COIN) at Underweight, Sees 15% Downside Risk
- Solid Biosciences (SLDB) Announces Acquisition of AavantiBio and Concurrent $75 Million Private Placement
- BiondVax Pharma (BVXV) announces financial plans to support its ongoing NanoAb pipeline development
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot Insider Trades, Hot List, Insider Trades, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!