Social Capital's Chamath Palihapitiya Discusses Tesla (TSLA) at SOHN, Compares it to Apple
- Wall Street ends volatile week sharply higher
- AT&T (T) in Talks to Merge Media Assets with Discovery (DISCA) - WSJ
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - May 8, 2017 2:34-2:40 PM EDT)
- have 10% of luxury SUV business
- Horrible for BMX 3 series fell off a cliff
- Negative comments... TSLA to offer pickups, bought SCTY, building multiple factories, targeting sustainable energy independence
- capital intensive endeavors
- 'TSLA is UNMODELABLE'
- TSLA story like AAPL when focus on product and technological framework
- AAPL was able to create Virtuous Cycle
- then vertically integrate from that stack
- AAPL redefined mobility and computing markets
- established pricing power
- competitors were losing money to be in same business as aapl
- TSLA is running similar playbook
- if you have a Model X, impossible to go back to combustion car
- consolidating share and differentiation, expanding product scope and vertically integrating...
- selling autopilot software at nearly 100% margin
- TSLA has no redefined market yet
- TSLA story tracking closely to AAPL
- Model S and Model X like iphone 1 and 2
- model s and x setting stage for model 3
- cost basis, operational model different from traditional car OEMs
- Selling Cars upwards of 7X potential
- wants to share in TSLA upside
- pitching TSLA convertible bonds
- guaranteed to not lose money as long as the company is worth 15B
- gets 95% of upside if TSLA executes
- 2022 convertibles are great way to bet on Musk
- "Elon Musk our Generation's Thomas Edison"
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cathie Wood's ARK Adds to 1Life Healthcare (ONEM), Butterfly Network (BFLY) and Skillz (SKLZ) on Thursday
- Active options: MSFT AMZN RIOT GME SQ MARA F DKNG BAC LVS
- Cohen's Point72 exploring crypto sector, has no firm plans - letter
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHedge Funds, Hot Hedge Fund News, Short Sales, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!