Engine No. 1 to Announce Stake in General Motors (GM) - NYT DealBook
- Wall St ends up with Goldman; Dow posts biggest weekly rise since June
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Smashes Analyst 3Q Views on Robust M&A and Underwriting Activity
- Tesla (TSLA) Stock: Jefferies Raises Price Target on Higher Capacity Ramp and Sustained Demand, Berlin Giga Will Set New Design and Assembly Standards Says Analyst
- Food, fuels lift U.S. import prices in September
- SEC to Allow First Ever Bitcoin (BTC) ETF - Report
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
(Updated - October 4, 2021 8:21 AM EDT)
Activist investor Engine No. 1 will formally announce today that it has taken a stake in General Motors (NYSE: GM), according to a report in NYT DealBook. The purchase is pitched as a show of support for the automaker's transition to electric vehicles.
Engine No. 1 argued in a white paper that GM merits a higher valuation because of its scale and commitment to electric cars.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jana Has Stake in Macy's (M), Urges Spin Off of E-Commerce Business - DJ
- LG Chem to Pay Up to $1.9 Billion to General Motors (GM) Over Bolt EV Fires - CNBC
- Ford (F) PT Raised to $17 at Goldman Sachs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHedge Funds, Hot Hedge Fund News, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!