Credit Suisse cuts bonuses following Archegos loss - FT
- Wall Street ends volatile week sharply higher
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
- Coinbase (COIN) To Add Dogecoin Trading in the Next Few Weeks
FILE PHOTO: The logo of Swiss bank Credit Suisse is seen at its headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland March 24, 2021. REUTERS/Arnd Wiegmann//File Photo/File Photo
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
(Reuters) -Credit Suisse Group AG has cut bonuses for its staff by hundreds of millions of dollars after it lost $4.7 billion from the collapse of hedge fund Archegos Capital, the Financial Times reported on Monday.
The Swiss bank's pre-tax income for the first quarter was expected to be just over $3.7 billion, with about $600 million achieved through reductions to staff bonus and other one-off items, according to the report, which cited people briefed on the bank's performance. (https://on.ft.com/2OOE5PW)
A Credit Suisse spokesperson declined to comment.
The magnitude of bonus cuts will be revealed with the company's quarterly results next week, the FT said.
Switzerland's second-biggest bank has been reeling from its exposure to the collapse first of Greensill Capital and then Archegos Capital within the course of a month.
(Reporting by Ann Maria Shibu in Bengaluru; additional reporting by Akriti Sharma; Editing by Devika Syamnath and Shounak Dasgupta)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cathie Wood's ARK Adds to 1Life Healthcare (ONEM), Butterfly Network (BFLY) and Skillz (SKLZ) on Thursday
- AMC shares add to rally with strong focus among retail investors
- QuantumScape (QS), Volkswagen Sign Agreement to Select Location for Joint Venture Pilot-Line Facility
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHedge Funds, Reuters, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Hedge Funds
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!