Artisan (APAM) Opposes Vivendi's Plan to Sell UMG Stake to Ackman SPAC, Pershing Square Tontine (PSTH) - Bloomberg
- Wall Street ends sharply lower after hawkish Bullard spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
(Updated - June 10, 2021 11:43 AM EDT)
(Updated - June 10, 2021 11:36 AM EDT)
Artisan (NYSE: APAM) portfolio manager David Samra says selling off pieces of Universal Music Group to other investors in return for cash is a sub-optimal capital allocation decision, according to Bloomberg, citing a statement.
"We would prefer that Vivendi spin off its entire ownership of UMG to shareholders in a tax efficient manner," he said.
Pershing Square Tontine (NYSE: PSTH), a special purpose acquisition company, previously announced discussions with Vivendi to acquire 10% of the outstanding Ordinary Shares of Universal Music Group B.V..
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Local Bounti to Go Public in $1.1B SPAC Deal via Leo Holdings III Corp. (LIII)
- Athira Pharma (ATHA) CEO Placed on Temporary Leave Pending Board Review of Actions Stemming from Doctoral Research while at Washington State University
- Infarm is Said in Talks to Go Public Via Merger with SPAC, Kernel Group Holdings (KRNL) - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHedge Funds, Mergers and Acquisitions, SPAC, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesPershing Square Capital, Definitive Agreement, SPAC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!