Ethan Allen (ETH) Prelim. Q3 EPS Tops Consensus
- Wall Street closes lower as inflation jitters spark broad sell-off
- Tesla (TSLA) Sales in China 'Stagnated' in April, Wedbush Notes
- Roblox (RBLX) Gains as Sales Rise 140%, Analyst Raises PT on Strong Growth and Early China Launch
- Dollar holds near 10-week low ahead of inflation report
- Tesla (TSLA) Halts Plans to Buy Land in Shanghai Amid Increased Tensions with China: Report
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Ethan Allen Interiors Inc. (“Ethan Allen” or the “Company”) (NYSE: ETH) today provided several updates on its business.
Farooq Kathwari, Ethan Allen’s Chairman, President and CEO commented, “We are pleased to provide a brief overview of our continued progress resulting in strong performance in the third quarter ending March 31. While last year results were impacted with the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, we had a record increase of 51.8% in written orders in our retail division, including ecommerce, compared to the prior year third quarter ending March 31, 2020. These strong written orders also reflected a 21.9% increase compared to the fiscal 2019 third quarter. We also realized a major increase in earnings compared to the fiscal 2020 and 2019 third quarter periods. Our focus remains on increasing our production to deliver the large backlog.”
Preliminary Financial Results
The Company expects to report the following financial results for its fiscal third quarter ended March 31, 2021:
- Retail segment written orders increased 51.8% over the prior year quarter.
- Wholesale segment orders increased 39.0%. Excluding GSA and other government orders, wholesale segment orders increased 48.3%
- Consolidated net delivered sales of $177.0 million increased 18.2%
- Adjusted diluted EPS in the range of $0.56 to $0.58 compared to $0.02 in the prior year quarter
- Strong cash flow generation resulting in cash on hand of $109.0 million and no borrowings as of March 31, 2021
- Paid regular quarterly dividends of $6.3 million during the quarter
(Consensus sees Q3 EPS of $0.47 on revenue of $173.75 million expected)
Mr. Kathwari continued, “We ended the quarter with a strong balance sheet, including cash on hand of $109.0 million while growing our consolidated gross and operating margins through disciplined cost and expense controls. We have an opportunity to continue our growth in sales and profitability due to our strong retail network, the personal service of our interior design professionals, our unique vertical integration whereby 75% of products are made in our North American manufacturing workshops, and our national distribution centers delivering product with white glove service to our client’s home.”
“As we head into the 2021 calendar year, we will remain focused on employee safety, continue investing in digital design and interactive communication technologies, growing our business and generating strong cash flow, refining and repositioning our product offerings to reach a larger client base and leveraging our vertical integration to increase production” concluded Mr. Kathwari.
Fiscal Third Quarter Analyst Conference Call
The Company also announced today that it will release its financial and operating results for the fiscal 2021 third quarter ended March 31, 2021, after the market closes on Thursday, April 29, 2021.
Following the release, the Company will host an analyst conference call at 5:00 PM (Eastern Time) to discuss its results. The analyst conference call will be webcast live from the Company’s Investor Relations website at https://ir.ethanallen.com.
To access the conference call, dial 877-705-2976 (or 201-689-8798 for international participants), and enter Meeting Number 13718964. For those unable to listen live, an archived recording of the call will be made available on the Company's website for at least 60 days.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Open Lending Corp. (LPRO) Misses Q1 EPS by 4c, Revenues Beat; Offers FY21 Revenues Outlook
- B&G Foods (BGS) Misses Q1 EPS by 3c, Revenues Miss; Reaffirms FY21 Revenues Outlook
- Olo Inc. (OLO) Tops Q1 EPS by 2c, Revenues Beat; Offers 2Q & FY21 Revenues Guidance Above Consensus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGuidance
Related EntitiesDividend, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!