Uniti Group Inc. Announces Tax Reporting Information for 2020 Distributions
- S&P 500, Dow hit record highs after bumper earnings from big banks
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Dollar heads for second week of losses as yields decline
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q1 EPS by 52c
- Apple (AAPL) May Scrap iPhone Mini Next Year, New Lineup to Focus on Camera Quality, Says Top Analyst
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
LITTLE ROCK, Ark., Jan. 26, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Uniti Group Inc. (“Uniti”) (Nasdaq: UNIT) announced today the tax treatment of its 2020 distributions. The following table summarizes the federal income tax treatment of the distributions on its common shares as it is expected to be reported on Form 1099 – DIV.
|Common Stock CUSIP (91325V108)|
|Record Date||Payment Date||Total Distribution Per Share||Ordinary Dividend Per Share||Capital Gain Distribution Per Share||Nondividend Distribution Per Share|
Ordinary dividend per share is non-qualified dividend income. The Ordinary Dividend Per Share will also be reported on Form 1099-DIV, Box 5, as Section 199A Dividends. Treasury Regulation §1.199A-3(c)(2)(ii) requires that stockholders hold their REIT shares for at least 45 days for the dividends to be treated as Section 199A Dividends. Stockholders should consult with their tax advisors to determine whether this requirement affects any portion of the dividends included in Box 5.
(1) Pursuant to Internal Revenue Code Section 857(b)(9), if you were a stockholder of record as of December 15, 2020, your dividend payment of $0.15 per share received in January 2021 was reported on Form 1099-DIV for the 2020 taxable year for federal income tax purposes.
Uniti, an internally managed real estate investment trust, is engaged in the acquisition and construction of mission critical communications infrastructure, and is a leading provider of wireless infrastructure solutions for the communications industry. As of September 30, 2020, Uniti owns 6.7 million fiber strand miles and other communications real estate throughout the United States. Additional information about Uniti can be found on its website at www.uniti.com.
INVESTOR and MEDIA CONTACTS:
Mark A. Wallace, 501-850-0866Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer & Treasurermark.email@example.com
Bill DiTullio, 501-850-0872Vice President, Finance & Investor Relationsbill.firstname.lastname@example.org
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Reporting of trading in Tryg shares by Elias Bakk
- Chain.io Secures $5M Round of Funding
- Middlefield Canadian Income PCC: Net Asset Value(s)