U.S. Small Business Administrator Guzman to Join Divine Nine Presidents for Partnership Roundtable
- S&P 500, Nasdaq notch biggest weekly losses since March
- S&P 500 could end the year over 10% higher from here - Piper Sandler
- Citi says Meta shares to rally in near term on share gains, upcoming AI event
- Ads are coming to Amazon Prime Video next year; Stock pops
- 'Sell the last rate hike' strategy is in action, stocks could fall further - BofA's Hartnett
Small Business Administration and National Pan-Hellenic Council to Expand Efforts to Support Black Entrepreneurship
SBA Administrator Isabella Casillas Guzman, the voice in President Biden’s Cabinet for America’s more than 33 million small businesses, will join the National Pan-Hellenic Council’s (NPHC) national leaders for a roundtable discussion. The NPHC’s member organizations are also referred to as the Divine Nine.
During the roundtable, Administrator Guzman and NHPC leaders will highlight the expanded partnership between the SBA and the Divine Nine, which will enhance activities aimed at encouraging the creation of new businesses, providing technical assistance, helping entrepreneurs access federal contracts, and collaborating on disaster response activities. Additionally, Administrator Guzman and the Divine Nine participants will discuss ways for the Biden-Harris Administration to build upon its support for Black entrepreneurship, including expanded access to capital, and highlight how the Divine Nine prepares students for the workforce.
Media is invited to attend but must RSVP to Isabella Ristuccia at [email protected].
WHEN: Monday, June 5 at 5 p.m. ET
- SBA Administrator Isabella Casillas Guzman
- Rasheeda S. Liberty, International President – Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.
- Dr. Willis Lonzer, President of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Danette Anthony Reed, President of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc.
- Reuben Shelton, President of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- Ricky Lewis, President of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
- Elsie Cooke Holmes, President of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Chris Rey, President of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.
- Dr. Stacie NC Grant, President of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
- Sean D. Housen, Sr., President of Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc.
- Donna Jones Anderson, President of the National Pan-Hellenic Council, Inc.
WHAT: SBA – NPHC Partnership Roundtable
WHERE: Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill – Columbia Ballroom400 New Jersey DriveWashington, DC 20001
HOW: Members of the media must RSVP for this event by emailing [email protected].
About the U.S. Small Business Administration The U.S. Small Business Administration helps power the American dream of business ownership. As the only go-to resource and voice for small businesses backed by the strength of the federal government, the SBA empowers entrepreneurs and small business owners with the resources and support they need to start, grow, expand their businesses, or recover from a declared disaster. It delivers services through an extensive network of SBA field offices and partnerships with public and private organizations. To learn more, visit www.sba.gov.
About the NPHC.
The National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) is a collaborative umbrella council composed of historically African American fraternities and sororities also referred to as Black Greek Letter Organizations (BGLOs) or the Divine Nine®. Its nine member organizations include five fraternities: Alpha Phi Alpha, Kappa Alpha Psi, Omega Psi Phi, Phi Beta Sigma, and Iota Phi Theta, and four sororities: Alpha Kappa Alpha, Delta Sigma Theta, Zeta Phi Beta, and Sigma Gamma Rho. The council promotes interaction through forums, meetings, and other media for the exchange of information and engages in cooperative programming and initiatives through various activities and functions. Donna Jones Anderson serves as the organization’s National President. For more information about NPHC, including its upcoming National Leadership Conference and partnership opportunities, please visit www.nphchq.com.
Kirk McElwain U.S. Small Business Administration 202-205-6175 [email protected]Source: U.S. Small Business Administration
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Flash News: OKX Wallet Web Extension Now Integrates with Levana Protocol
- Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Reminds Investors That Class Action Lawsuits Have Been Filed Against NAPCO, AeroVironment, and DFS and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Reminds Investors That Class Action Lawsuits Have Been Filed Against Aldeyra, RTX, and Eos and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGlobe Newswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!