TVB statement on Inclusion of BBO Homes in Nielsen Local Broadcast TV Data
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
NEW YORK, Feb. 10, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Steve Lanzano, President and CEO, TVB, released the following statement regarding the inclusion of BBO homes in local broadcast TV audience data:
“TVB acknowledges Nielsen’s recent action to place the accreditation process for metered markets on hiatus for six months in order to improve the accuracy of audience measurement for local broadcast television,” said Steve Lanzano, President and CEO, TVB. “Another necessary and positive action to ensure accurate measurement is to delay the inclusion of BBO homes until the current sample is fixed. Much work and new solutions are needed to improve and maintain the health of the current panel.
“TVB and its members continue to implore Nielsen to both engage with the Media Ratings Council (MRC) for a review of the BBO integration plan and to delay the start of BBO integration until the panel’s health is repaired and approved. To earn the confidence of the industry, it is imperative that both the current sample is repaired and BBO inclusion is MRC reviewed, so after this hiatus the industry can move forward with the assurance we are using a fully vetted and accredited currency.”
TVB is the not-for-profit trade association representing America’s local broadcast television industry. For more information, visit www.tvb.org.
CONTACT INFORMATION: DiGennaro Communications Anna Wilgan 201.421.5847 email@example.com
TVB Abby Auerbach firstname.lastname@example.org
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Subversive Acquisition LP Provides Update on Qualifying Transaction
- Oncocyte Presents New Data at 2021 American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting Demonstrating Potential for Pan-Cancer Utility of DetermaIO™