Stop & Shop School Food Pantry Program Reaches 50-School Milestone
- Nasdaq, S&P 500 end lower, dragged down by communications services
- Intel (INTC) Stock Plummets as Expensive Investments Expected to Pressure Margins and FCF, Prompting Three Downgrades to Neutral
- Snap (SNAP) Stock Just Crashed 25% Following Earnings, Analyst Reaction Mixed
- Beyond Meat (BYND) Stock Plunges 14% After Slashing Revenue Outlook Amid a Decrease in Retail Orders
- Dollar pares losses as Powell signals bond taper
Stop & Shop teams up with Unilever to provide personal care items to school food pantry partners this fall
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
QUINCY, Mass., Sept. 16, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In an effort to reduce hunger among students in the communities it serves, the Stop & Shop School Food Pantry Program has expanded to support food pantries in more than 50 schools across the Northeast. Launched in 2019, the Stop & Shop School Food Pantry Program addresses food insecurity within local communities by providing thousands of students and their families with extra food assistance to ensure that kids don't have to go to school hungry. According to Feeding America, the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization, 1 in every 6 kids may not know where they will get their next meal.
“The Stop & Shop School Food Pantry Program was established to help limit barriers impacting students’ ability to succeed in the classroom. Making sure that they have consistent access to food is a part of that,” said Jennifer Brogan, Director of Community Relations for Stop & Shop. “We’re incredibly proud of the growth of the Stop & Shop School Food Pantry Program as we work together with schools, colleges and universities to help students perform their best.”
Stop & Shop supports local schools’ existing food pantries or helps them establish a new one. Ranging from pre-K through college, Stop & Shop School Food Pantry Program partners receive gift cards and food items to stock their shelves. Examples of partners include:
- Fall River Public Schools, Fall River, MA
- Washington S.T.E.M. Elementary School, Lynn, MA
- Rafael Hernández Dual Language School, Roxbury, MA
- Bunker Hill Community College, Boston, MA
- Massasoit Community College, Brockton, MA
- Springfield Technical Community School, Springfield, MA
- Community College of Rhode Island, Lincoln, RI
- Meriden K-12, Meriden, CT
- Slade Middle School, New Britain, CT
- Southern Connecticut State University, New Haven, CT
- University of New Haven, New Haven, CT
- G.W. Miller Elementary School, Nanuet, NY
- PS105 The Bay School, Far Rockaway, NY
- Business Technology Early College High School (BTECH), Queens, NY: opening this fall
- New York Institute of Technology (NYIT), Old Westbury, NY: opening this fall
- PS 78 Stapleton Lighthouse Community School, Staten Island, NY: opening this fall
In addition, Stop & Shop’s supplier partner Unilever stepped up to provide personal care items in high demand for the back-to-school season. In August, Unilever ran a promotion across all Stop & Shop stores. For every customer who spent $5 on any one Degree® Deodorant Stick or 15 oz. Suave® Body Wash, Unilever donated one to the Stop & Shop School Food Pantry Program, with a cap of 6,000 items. General Mills is also donating 10,000 boxes of Cheerios™ to distribute to Stop & Shop School Food Pantry partners this fall.
The Stop & Shop School Food Pantry Program is featured in Stop & Shop’s latest TV spot “Supplies.” For more information or to apply for the program, visit https://stopandshop.com/pages/school-food-pantry-program.
About Stop & Shop A neighborhood grocer for more than 100 years, Stop & Shop offers a wide assortment with a focus on fresh, healthy options at a great value. Stop & Shop's GO Rewards loyalty program delivers personalized offers and allows customers to earn points that can be redeemed for gas or groceries every time they shop. Stop & Shop customers can choose how and where they want to shop - whether in-store or online for delivery or same day pickup. The company is committed to making an impact in its communities by fighting hunger, supporting our troops, and investing in pediatric cancer research to help find a cure. The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC is an Ahold Delhaize USA Company and employs 58,000 associates and operates more than 400 stores throughout Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York and New Jersey. To learn more about Stop & Shop, visit www.stopandshop.com.
Media Contact: Maria Fruci, firstname.lastname@example.org
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Phathom Pharmaceuticals Announces New Data at ACG 2021 Annual Scientific Meeting
- Tentative Three-Year Agreement Reached Between LifeLabs and BCGEU
- Industry Titans, Grant Cardone and Partner, Brandon Dawson, Launch 10X Buy Sell to Create Value and Transform Business Brokerage for the Lower Middle Market
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGlobe Newswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!