Sabina Gold & Silver Reports Fatal Accident Near Back River Port Facility
- S&P 500, Dow open higher on earnings optimism
- Broadcom (AVGO) to Acquire VMware (VMW) for Approximately $61 Billion in Cash and Stock
- NVIDIA (NVDA) Falls on Downbeat Guidance, Evercore ISI Remains a Buyer as Shares Trade Near an 'Estimated Floor of $150'
- Apple (AAPL) Stock Dips on Report It Expects Flat iPhone Production This Year
- Alibaba (BABA) Shares Jump 3% as eCommerce and Cloud Demand Drives Solid Q4 Beat
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Jan. 17, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sabina Gold & Silver Corp. (“Sabina”) or (the “Company”) (SBB – TSX/ SGSVF - OTCQX) regrets to report a fatal accident involving an employee of a contractor employed at the Back River Gold District, Nunavut, Canada.
The accident was reported at approximately 3:00 p.m. local time on January 17, 2022. The individual’s family has been notified.
While clearing snow, a D6 dozer and its operator were lost through the ice approximately 6km from the Port Facility at Bathurst inlet.
The RCMP in Cambridge Bay, Workers’ Safety and Compensation Commission and the Mines Inspector have been notified. An investigation is underway to determine the cause of the accident.
"On behalf of Sabina, we would like to extend our deepest condolences to the individual’s family, friends and colleagues," said Bruce McLeod, Sabina’s President & CEO.
Operations at the Back River Project have been temporarily suspended. Sabina will work with the contractor to ensure all the necessary support and assistance will be provided to the individual’s family during this difficult time. The Company will also provide support and counselling to assist our employees and contractors at the camp.
For further information please contact:
|Nicole Hoeller, Vice-President, Communications: 1 888 648-4218|
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Revive Therapeutics Provides Update on Phase 3 Clinical Trial for Bucillamine in COVID-19
- AM Best Revises Outlooks to Stable for Members of Grange Insurance Pool
- MissionGO Partners with UVT to Offer Advanced UAS Services Nationwide
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGlobe Newswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!