Nasdaq Announces End-of-Month Open Short Interest Positions in Nasdaq Stocks as of Settlement Date March 31, 2021
- Dow hits record high on boost from economy-linked stocks; Nasdaq drops
- Dogecoin Sees 'Sell the News' Reaction to Musk's SNL Appearance, as 'Hustle' Comment is Weighed Against Launch 'To the Moon'
- Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) Downgraded to 'Neutral' at Citi as Decelerating Growth Is Not Bullish for Multiples
- Elliott Management has stake in Duke Energy (DUK) - WSJ
- Ethereum (ETH) Soars Above $4,000 to Print Fresh Record Highs
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
NEW YORK, April 12, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- At the end of the settlement date of March 31, 2021, short interest in 2,626 Nasdaq Global MarketSM securities totaled 8,451,076,714 shares compared with 8,163,912,977 shares in 2,610 Global Market issues reported for the prior settlement date of March 15, 2021. The end-of-March short interest represent 2.54 days average daily Nasdaq Global Market share volume for the reporting period, compared with 2.24 days for the prior reporting period.
Short interest in 1,724 securities on The Nasdaq Capital MarketSM totaled 2,016,841,972 shares at the end of the settlement date of March 31, 2021 compared with 1,816,482,880 shares in 1,623 securities for the previous reporting period. This represents a 1.0 day average daily volume; the previous reporting period’s figure was also 1.0.
In summary, short interest in all 4,350 Nasdaq® securities totaled 10,467,918,686 shares at the March 31, 2021 settlement date, compared with 4,233 issues and 9,980,395,857 shares at the end of the previous reporting period. This is 1.76 days average daily volume, compared with an average of 1.58 days for the previous reporting period.
The open short interest positions reported for each Nasdaq security reflect the total number of shares sold short by all broker/dealers regardless of their exchange affiliations. A short sale is generally understood to mean the sale of a security that the seller does not own or any sale that is consummated by the delivery of a security borrowed by or for the account of the seller.
For more information on Nasdaq Short interest positions, including publication dates, visithttp://www.nasdaq.com/quotes/short-interest.aspx or http://www.nasdaqtrader.com/asp/short_interest.asp.
About Nasdaq: Nasdaq (Nasdaq: NDAQ) is a global technology company serving the capital markets and other industries. Our diverse offering of data, analytics, software and services enables clients to optimize and execute their business vision with confidence. To learn more about the company, technology solutions and career opportunities, visit us on LinkedIn, on Twitter @Nasdaq, or at www.nasdaq.com.
Media Contact: Matthew Sheahanmatthew.firstname.lastname@example.org
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/b4284486-c9b9-4842-b4cb-52fe9c8775b5
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Emergia Inc. Announces a Short Delay in Filing of Its Annual Financial Statements and MD&A and Issuance of a Cease Trade Order
- Pax8’s Jennifer Bodell, Sophie Merrifield, Jordan Saylor, Nicole Faletra, and Hayley Marshal Featured on CRN’s 2021 Women of the Channel List
- Simplicity Esports and Gaming Company Booked Record Setting Revenue from Gaming Centers
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGlobe Newswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!