Magna Drives Pickup Truck Electrification With Its New eBeam Technology
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
- Magna’s eBeam technology provides ability to retain pickup truck capability while transitioning to electrification
- First significant change to solid beam rear axle in trucks in more than 100 years
- Power ranges can exceed 220 kW
AURORA, Ontario, March 11, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Magna continues to accelerate its powertrain electrification capabilities to help automakers achieve a zero-emission future. Today, the journey to a cleaner tomorrow continues with Magna’s new eBeam technology – which is scalable and gives automakers the ability to electrify their trucks without sacrificing utility and functionality. eBeam integrates with a battery electric or hybrid powertrain system and offers a structure-oriented design to support high-payload vehicles, with matching power for continuous-duty usage.
Designed specifically to transition pickup trucks and light commercial vehicles to hybrid or full battery electric powertrain systems, eBeam integrates with existing truck architectures, without requiring unique suspension, chassis or brake systems. This approach presents an economical solution that helps bring new electrified trucks to market more quickly, while also preserving towing and payload capabilities.
“It is a bold endeavor to electrify pickup trucks, whose owners demand the towing and hauling capabilities they are currently used to, and we’ve accomplished it with our eBeam technology,” said Tom Rucker, President, Magna Powertrain. “We know axles are core elements of a truck’s strength, and we are excited to have developed the first significant improvement to the solid beam axle in over 100 years.”
With power ranges between 120 kW and 250 kW, automakers can choose from three variants within Magna’s eBeam family:
- Single motor, single speed
- Single motor, two speeds, or
- Twin motor, single speed including torque vectoring.
To support electric four-wheel drive, Magna also offers several complete powertrain solutions incorporating an electric drive system at the front of the truck, including advanced software and controls for seamless integration.
Click here to learn more on how the company is making an all-electric truck possible while keeping its strength and functionality.
TAGSeBeam, electrification, powertrain electrification, rear axles
INVESTOR CONTACTLouis Tonelli, Vice-President, Investor Relations firstname.lastname@example.org, 905.726.7035
MEDIA CONTACTTracy Fuerst, Vice President, Corporate Communications & PRtracy.email@example.com, 248.761.7004
ABOUT MAGNAWe are a mobility technology company. We have more than 158,000 entrepreneurial-minded employees and 342 manufacturing operations and 91 product development, engineering and sales centres in 27 countries. We have complete vehicle engineering and contract manufacturing expertise, as well as product capabilities that include body, chassis, exteriors, seating, powertrain, active driver assistance, electronics, mechatronics, mirrors, lighting and roof systems. Our common shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange (MG) and the New York Stock Exchange (MGA). For further information about Magna, visit www.magna.com.
THIS RELEASE MAY CONTAIN STATEMENTS WHICH CONSTITUTE “FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS” UNDER APPLICABLE SECURITIES LEGISLATION AND ARE SUBJECT TO, AND EXPRESSLY QUALIFIED BY, THE CAUTIONARY DISCLAIMERS THAT ARE SET OUT IN MAGNA’S REGULATORY FILINGS. PLEASE REFER TO MAGNA’S MOST CURRENT MANAGEMENT’S DISCUSSION AND ANALYSIS OF RESULTS OF OPERATIONS AND FINANCIAL POSITION, ANNUAL INFORMATION FORM AND ANNUAL REPORT ON FORM 40-F, AS REPLACED OR UPDATED BY ANY OF MAGNA’S SUBSEQUENT REGULATORY FILINGS, WHICH SET OUT THE CAUTIONARY DISCLAIMERS, INCLUDING THE RISK FACTORS THAT COULD CAUSE ACTUAL EVENTS TO DIFFER MATERIALLY FROM THOSE INDICATED BY SUCH FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS. THESE DOCUMENTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW ON MAGNA’S WEBSITE AT WWW.MAGNA.COM.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/9929b899-0377-45f3-a19c-1eccb4615c61
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Novartis presents new Kisqali® data showing longest median overall survival ever reported in HR+/HER2- advanced breast cancer
- Byondis ESMO Late-Breaking Presentation Confirms ADC [Vic-] Trastuzumab Duocarmazine (SYD985) Superior to Physician's Choice in Pre-treated Locally Advanced or Metastatic HER2-Positive Breast Cancer
- Merck’s KEYTRUDA® (pembrolizumab) Plus Chemotherapy Reduced Risk of Death by 27% Versus Chemotherapy as First-Line Treatment for Patients With Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Whose Tumors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGlobe Newswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!