MEDIA ADVISORY: Canada’s Federations of Labour hold press conference on national call for paid sick days
- Wall St to open flat as earnings roll in; jobless claims fall
- U.S. weekly jobless claims decline further
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys Over 5M Shares of Skillz (SKLZ), Nearly 3M Shares of IPO UiPath (PATH)
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Tops Q1 Profit Views, Analysts Maintain Bullishness For 2021
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
TORONTO, Feb. 24, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Canada’s Provincial and Territorial Federations of Labour are holding a press conference on Thursday February 25 at 9:00 a.m. PT/11:00 a.m. CT/12 p.m. ET., via Zoom, to issue a joint statement demanding paid sick days for every worker in Canada.
No one should have to choose between staying home when they are sick and putting food on the table. That’s why Provincial and Territorial Federations of Labour are united in demanding paid sick days for all workers
Speakers will include:
- Kevin Rebeck, President, Manitoba Federation of Labour
- Patty Coates, President, Ontario Federation of Labour
- Laird Cronk, President, BC Federation of Labour
WHEN: Thursday, February 25, at 9:00 a.m. PT/11:00 a.m. CT/12 p.m. ET
WHERE: Zoom livestream
Media are encouraged to pre-register for Thursday’s press conference on Zoom here: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_lsTtidtOTbC8XNMZUW80TA
For more information, please contact:
Andrew TodCommunications & Research DirectorManitoba Federation of Labouratod@mfl.mb.ca | 204-391-0063
Melissa Palermo Director of Communications Ontario Federation of Labourmpalermo@ofl.ca l 416-894-3456
Denise MoffattDirector of Political Action & Government RelationsBC Federation of Labourdmoffatt@bcfed.ca | 778-228-3124Source: Canada’s provincial and territorial federations of labour
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Nano Dimension to Host Investors Update Call on April 23, at 9 am ET
- L&D Industry to Touch $402 Billion Mark by 2025, Says Beroe Inc
- Acron Announces Annual General Meeting