LogMeIn Study Shows Cyber Threats, Productivity Concerns, and Pressure on IT Support Drives Consolidation of Remote Access & Support Solutions as Flexible Work Becomes Business as Usual
- S&P 500, Nasdaq close up 4th straight week as optimism grows
- 'Back in Tech': Investors are Increasing Exposure to Tech and Growth Stocks - BofA
- Rivian Reports Bigger Loss, Says Current Models Won't Qualify for Tax Breaks
- US-listed China Stocks Slip on Delisting Moves, Analyst Sees Short-term Noise
- Salesforce (CRM), Snowflake (SNOW) Rated New Sell at Guggenheim, Oracle (ORCL) at Buy
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BOSTON, Feb. 25, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LogMeIn, Inc. a leader in empowering the work-from-anywhere era with solutions such as GoTo, LastPass, and Rescue, today announced results of a global study executed by IDG that reveals the new reality of long-term remote and flexible work. The research shows IT leaders are increasingly concerned about security and scalability of the remote work tools adopted early in the pandemic to address the sudden shift to remote work. As a result, 65 percent of those surveyed are actively consolidating remote work tools, citing the need for ease of administration, ease of use, and scalability.
The study indicates there's room for improvement when it comes to cybersecurity and the effectiveness of remote work tools. The surge in remote work exposed 66 percent of respondents to cyber risks, and IT help desks are struggling to securely support workers as:
- 31 percent expect to use vulnerable devices when working remotely
- 45 percent will rely exclusively on unsecured home Wi-Fi networks in 2021
These concerns are driving IT teams to find effective integrated remote access and support solutions.
- 60 percent of respondents are considering increasing investment in remote work tools, with the average expenditure expected to grow by 21 percent this year
- 84 percent of respondents said that remote work tools enhance productivity
- Two-thirds of respondents are actively consolidating remote work tools with a trusted vendor in 2021
The statistics confirm that the pandemic has created a permanent shift toward remote work. With flexible work becoming the new business as usual, IT leaders will continue to be responsible for supporting technology ranging from video conferencing platforms and communications tools to remote access & support solutions and other cloud-based technology. This means a well-thought-out plan for long-term, secure, and efficient flexible support is more important than ever.
“The research indicates that as companies transitioned to remote work, there is an increasing need for remote access and support solutions that offer more security while maintaining user productivity,” said Barbara Call, Senior Director of Content Strategy and Operations at IDG Communications, Inc. “The study shows that IT leaders should prioritize remote access and support tools that minimize disruptions for remote workers and make users feel supported wherever and however they work.”
“Companies need to invest for the future, not just the pandemic. The respondents say they should consider consolidating their remote work portfolio in order to focus on solutions that reduce IT headaches and remove complexity from day-to-day roles,” she added.
Dave Campbell, Head of the Remote Solutions Group, at LogMeIn, said, “This survey shows companies are clearly re-evaluating their remote work tools and will need to make changes this year. They are finding that it is vital to consider the ways the tools will impact their employees and help desk staff. This means IT leaders need to place greater emphasis on tools that will minimize disruptions in employees’ day-to-day work to maintain productivity and make sure that employees feel supported, while still ensuring they don’t fall short in terms of infrastructure, IT, and data security in 2021.”
Download the IDG whitepaper at https://www.logmeinrescue.com/content/ensure-productivity-and-security
About LogMeIn, Inc. LogMeIn, Inc.’s category-defining products, such as GoTo, LastPass, Rescue, LogMeIn Central and more, unlock the potential of the modern workforce by making it possible for millions of people and businesses around the globe to do their best work simply and securely—on any device, from any location and at any time. A pioneer in remote work technology and a driving force behind today’s work-from-anywhere movement, LogMeIn has become one of the world’s largest SaaS companies with tens of millions of active users, more than 3,500 global employees, over $1.3 billion in annual revenue and approximately 2 million customers worldwide who use its software as an essential part of their daily lives. The company is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with additional locations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and thousands of home offices around the globe.
Media contact:Marcel Kay[email protected]617-279-2443
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Some 350 World Leaders From 157 Nations With Diplomatic Relations With North or South Korea Attended the August 11-15, Conference
- THE LOOKS FROM BEYONCÉ'S RENAISSANCE ALBUM IS A SARTORIAL CELEBRATION OF FASHION FOR THE AGES
- Kvika banki hf.: Transaction in relation to a share buyback programme
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGlobe Newswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!