Kvika banki hf: Two provisos in Kvika, TM and Lykill Merger Agreement fulfilled
- Wall Street ends mixed despite bumper big-bank earnings
- Coinbase (COIN) Soars 52% in Public Debut
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) Nears Deal to Buy PPD, Inc. (PPD) for More Than $15 Billion -DJ
- Dell Technologies (DELL) Announces Planned VMware (VMW) Spin-Off
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
On 23 February 2021 Kvika banki hf. (“Kvika” or “the Company”) disclosed that Kvika, TM hf. And Lykill fjármögnun hf. had signed a merger plan for the companies. Therein, it was also provided that the following provisos in the original merger agreement of 25 November 2020 were yet to be satisfied:
- that the Financial Supervisory Authority of the Central Bank of Iceland (“FME”) give its consent for the merger, cf. Art. 106 of the Act on Financial Undertakings, No. 161/2002;
- that FME grant its approval for Kvika to own a qualifying holding in TM tryggingar hf, TM líftryggingar hf. and Íslensk endurtrygging hf., cf. Art. 58 of the Act on Insurance Activities, No. 100/2016;
- that the Competition Authority will not invalidate the merger or impose onerous conditions, in the opinion of the merging parties, cf. Chapter V of the Competition Act, No. 44/ 2005; and
- that shareholders approve the merger, as provided for in Art. 93 of the Public Limited Companies Act, No. 2/1995, at legally convened shareholders' meetings of Kvika, TM and Lykill.
Today, on 26 February 2021, FME came to the conclusion that Kvika qualified as holder in TM tryggingar hf., TM líftryggingar hf. and Íslensk endurtrygging hf. Furthermore, the Competition Authority today concluded that it would not intervene in any way with the merger of the three companies.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- New Residential Investment (NRZ) to Acquire Caliber Home Loans for $1.68 Billion
- New Residential Investment Corp. Announces Pricing of Public Offering of Common Stock
- GT Holdings Corp. Announces Filing of Consolidated Carve-Out Financial Statements