IPG Photonics Showcases Cutting-Edge Technologies, Live Demonstrations and Sponsorship at FABTECH 2023
- Wall St rises as dovish Fed comments bolster rate cut hopes
- Barclays raises 2024 S&P 500 price target but warns stocks are 'moving too far, too fast'
- Stocks rise as dollar falls, gold rallies on Fed commentary
- Micron (MU) raises forecast on improved supply/demand balance and pricing
- There is a 'significant shift in sentiment' on Boeing stock says RBC and upgrades to buy
MARLBOROUGH, Mass., Sept. 11, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- IPG Photonics Corporation (NASDAQ: IPGP), the world leader in fiber lasers, will showcase a wide array of laser solutions and live demos at FABTECH, which will take place at the McCormick Center in Chicago, IL from September 11-14, 2023.
Superior Handheld Laser Welding & Cleaning Solutions
IPG will be offering live hands-on LightWELD® system demonstrations for attendees at FABTECH in five welding cells. Special LightWELD events include live welding demonstrations by guest welders who will complete artistic welded sculptures and fabricate custom automotive parts, plus demonstrations for robot-assisted welding with cobot integration.
LightWELD handheld laser welding and cleaning systems are fast, easy to learn and operate, and produce high-quality, consistent results across a wide range of material and thickness combinations. When it comes to welding and cleaning, the LightWELD device offers a wide range of benefits. It is over 4X faster than TIG welding, with a rapid and user-friendly learning curve. Additionally, it features optimized factory presets and precise laser power control, resulting in minimal distortion and deformation in welded materials. The inclusion of wobble welding functionality further enhances productivity, while pre and post-weld cleaning capabilities elevate weld quality and efficiency.
IPG Photonics Hosts Women of FABTECH
IPG Photonics is also proud to sponsor the Women of FABTECH panel discussion taking place September 12th, an event bringing together women from a variety of manufacturing roles to share their personal career stories. After the discussion all attendees are invited to the IPG Photonics booth to explore the latest fiber laser solutions and have a personal VIP hands-on LightWELD experience.
Complete Laser Systems Demonstrate the Power of Laser Processing
Powered by the best fiber lasers in the industry, IPG laser systems provide reliable and consistent results for both high power laser machining and microprocessing applications. Equipped with high precision motor systems, custom optics, beam switches, processing heads and software, these laser systems are built to meet the most demanding applications and part specifications. IPG will display and have live demos of the following applications:
- Laser Cleaning: Ablation LaserCell™ fully automated robotic Class 1 laser system that provides cleaning, coating removal and surface roughness modification processing for manufacturing, refurbishment and repair applications.
- Laser Cutting & Drilling: LaserCube™ 4’ x 4’ flatbed fiber laser cutting system designed and optimized for fast and reliable precision cutting and drilling of small parts.
- Laser Heat Treatment: DLS-ECO diode lasers offer high-efficiency heating and drying solutions which are up to 4X smaller and up to 4X faster than traditional drying techniques. A powder coat-drying demo will take place during the show.
- Laser Welding Turnkey Solutions: Integrated Laser Welding Systems are designed to simplify the welding process and installation as a turnkey solution with everything needed for high quality and high-speed welding: laser source, scan head, vision and controller.
- Laser Welding Continuous Seam Tubes: A low maintenance, lower cost alternative to traditional CO2 systems, delivering higher throughput, reduced operating cost, and increased production tool availability.
High-accuracy In-Process Weld Measurement Enables 100% Quality Assurance
This patented IPG technology provides both pre-weld monitoring, as well as in-weld real-time monitoring at the bottom of the keyhole to record the penetration and fusion depth of the weld for loss of or over-penetration and process instability. For e-mobility applications such as battery production, real-time laser weld measurement ensures that only components with welds meeting specifications move on to become EV battery packs which are safe and reliable.
IPG Plug-and-Play Architecture Simplifies Laser System Operation
Simplified connectivity and control are now available through a new single interface, which directly connects laser sources, beam delivery, computers, weld measurement and other key controls to the wider (MES) manufacturing execution systems. This plug-and-play architecture both eases and speeds the installation of components while simplifying setup and operation of the laser application. New releases of software suites with vastly expanded functionality enable faster programming of remote welding applications even for fully automated on-the-fly processes. IPG software is designed to provide powerful features with a simple and intuitive user interface for remote processing applications including cutting, welding, cleaning and marking.
About IPG Photonics Corporation
IPG Photonics Corporation is the leader in high-power fiber lasers and amplifiers used primarily in materials processing and other diverse applications. The Company’s mission is to develop innovative laser solutions making the world a better place. IPG accomplishes this mission by delivering superior performance, reliability and usability at a lower total cost of ownership compared with other types of lasers and non-laser tools, allowing end users to increase productivity and decrease costs. IPG is headquartered in Marlborough, Massachusetts and has more than 30 facilities worldwide. For more information, visit www.ipgphotonics.com.
IPG will be displaying lasers and laser systems at FABTECH in booth B27039.
For more information visit www.ipgphotonics.com
Contact Eugene Fedotoff Senior Director, Investor Relations IPG Photonics Corporation 508-597-4713 [email protected]
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Barrick Supports Consolidated Standard for Responsible Mining
- Enter the Nationwide Jingle Challenge High School Music Contest
- Montecatini Announces New CEO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGlobe Newswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!