FEMSA reaches agreement with the Mexican tax authority to resolve interpretative differences and make payment
- Tech pulls Nasdaq, S&P 500 down as Treasury yields rise
- Merck (MRK) Said to Be Unidentified Suitor for Acceleron Pharma (XLRN), Not Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) - Report
- EV Company Polestar To Go Public Via $20 Billion SPAC Deal
- Amazon (AMZN) Price Target Lowered at Morgan Stanley Amid Rising Logistics Workforce Costs, Analyst Expects Stock to be Range Bound in Near Term
- Oil up on tight supply, Brent crude nears $80 a barrel
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
MONTERREY, Mexico, May 29, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B. de C.V. (“FEMSA”) (NYSE: FMX; BMV: FEMSAUBD) announced that it reached an agreement with the Mexican tax authority (the Servicio de Administración Tributaria), to resolve interpretative differences over taxes paid outside of Mexico, without judicial action. Under the agreed terms, FEMSA will pay the amount of Ps. 8,790 million, that will be recognized in FEMSA’s financial statements during the second quarter of 2020.
About FEMSAFEMSA creates economic and social value through companies and institutions and strives to be the best employer and neighbor to the communities in which it operates. It participates in the retail industry through FEMSA Comercio, comprising a Proximity Division operating OXXO, a small-format store chain, a Health Division, which includes drugstores and related activities, and a Fuel Division, which operates the OXXO GAS chain of retail service stations. In the beverage industry, it participates through Coca-Cola FEMSA, a public bottler of Coca-Cola products; and in the beer industry, as a shareholder of HEINEKEN, a brewer with operations in over 70 countries. Additionally, through its Strategic Businesses unit, it provides logistics, point-of-sale refrigeration solutions and plastics solutions to FEMSA's business units and third-party clients. Through its business units, FEMSA has more than 300,000 employees in 13 countries. FEMSA is a member of the Dow Jones Sustainability MILA Pacific Alliance, the FTSE4Good Emerging Index and the Mexican Stock Exchange Sustainability Index, among other indexes that evaluate is sustainability performance.
Media Contact (52) 555-249-6843 firstname.lastname@example.org www.femsa.com Investor Contact (52) 818-328-6167 email@example.com www.femsa.com/inversionistaSource: Fomento Economico Mexicano
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Reminds Investors That Class Action Lawsuits Have Been Filed Against Yalla, Sesen Bio, and loanDepot and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- FedEx Logistics Expands Worldwide Operations with New Office in Korea
- Vinci Partners Announces R$364 Million Capital Raise For Shopping Mall REIT
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGlobe Newswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!