Efabless & OpenROAD Advance Commercial Open Source Chip Design
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SAN JOSE, Calif., July 29, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Efabless and the OpenROAD project are excited to announce combining their efforts to work closer together to advance and democratize chip design. Moving forward OpenROAD will adopt Efabless’ OpenLane as the flow of record for the OpenROAD program. This will provide users of OpenROAD a more robust flow as well as additional point tools which add value to the base OpenROAD application. Importantly, the unifying of the offerings under the OpenROAD organization will provide a single point of focus for open source development, bringing more clarity and concentration of effort to advance open source design. OpenROAD and Efabless will continue working closely together.
“Efabless has led the way in enabling the OpenROAD tool to be used for the creation of real integrated circuits,” said Andrew Kahng, principal investigator of the OpenROAD project. “Through the Efabless chipIgnite and Google-funded openMPW programs, the OpenLane flow has been used to create more than 100 designs from a wide range of users utilizing SkyWater’s SKY130 open PDK.” The OpenLane flow makes OpenROAD widely accessible to both existing chip creators and the next generation of design innovators.
“OpenROAD has been the heart of the OpenLane flow. The move strengthens the OpenLane development with the strong core competency of the OpenROAD team in the area of Electronic Design Automation (EDA) and widens the direct OpenROAD user base beyond a 100x,” said Mohamed Kassem, Co-founder and Chief Technology Officer of Efabless Corporation.
Efabless.com offers a crowd platform and marketplace for chip design that uses open source and community models to make the design and commercialization of ICs simple, inexpensive and accessible to everyone. Product developers use this platform to rapidly, cost-effectively and reliably create custom silicon. Chip developers use the solution to dramatically reduce cost and time to market for proof of concept of new and exciting ICs. Efabless is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, visit www.efabless.com.
About The OpenROAD Project.
OpenROAD, launched in June 2018, is developing an open source, no-human-in-the-loop RTL-to-GDS EDA system to serve researchers and system innovators across the IC design and design automation communities. Website: https://theopenroadproject.org/
For more information, contact:Jeff DiCorpoSVP Business Development(408) email@example.com
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Novartis presents new Kisqali® data showing longest median overall survival ever reported in HR+/HER2- advanced breast cancer
- Byondis ESMO Late-Breaking Presentation Confirms ADC [Vic-] Trastuzumab Duocarmazine (SYD985) Superior to Physician's Choice in Pre-treated Locally Advanced or Metastatic HER2-Positive Breast Cancer
- Guanajuato state international working tour in the United States
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGlobe Newswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!