Deloitte Appointed as Lead Advisor for New ESG Program at Maricunga
- Stocks tumble on new coronavirus variant fear
- Moderna (MRNA) Shares Rally 11% on 'Nu' Concerns, Analyst Sees mRNA Technology Adapting Much Quicker to New COVID Variant
- DiDi (DIDI) Stock Falls on Report China Seeks Delisting From US Amid Data Security Concerns
- Apple (AAPL) on Pace to Sell Over 10 Million iPhones for Black Friday - Wedbush
- Buy Tech Winners on Variant Fears - Wedbush
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
LPI is Supporting a Sustainable Future with its New ESG Program at the Maricunga Lithium Project by engaging Deloitte as Lead Advisor
- Deloitte has been appointed to assist the Company with ensuring a robust Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) program at Maricunga.
- The goal is to imbed sustainable protocols in future lithium extraction operations and to establish ambitious standards and objectives to become a carbon neutral producer, while keeping high standards on the social aspects.
- LPI has followed the ESG structure outlined since the start of its development and throughout all its phases including its initial DFS, EIA and currently on the update of its DFS for the Stage One.
SYDNEY, Australia, Oct. 19, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Lithium Power International Limited (ASX: LPI) (“LPI” or the “Company”), through its Joint Venture company, Minera Salar Blanco S.A. (“MSB”), has engaged Deloitte to assist with the Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) program for its Maricunga Stage One project.
As part of the program of work, Deloitte will conduct a verification, evaluation, and gap analysis of all MSB processes. This will ensure they are linked with the operational, environmental, and social requirements under the already approved Environmental Impact Assessment (“EIA”) and those to be considered in the update to the Definitive Feasibility Study (“DFS”) being completed for the Stage One.
As part of this process, the Company has started to confirm its operational and technical teams and its internal systems and processes so as to provide a long-term sustainable life for the project through the definition of very ambitious objectives in terms of carbon footprint (CO2 intensity).
Lithium Power International’s Chief Executive Officer, Cristobal Garcia-Huidobro, commented:
“Sustainability has been the center of our project since the beginning and is one of our fundamental pillars. We aim not only to set high technical standards, but also to establish a new way of relating with the communities. We are committed to developing a world class, sustainable lithium mine, and this step being part of our ESG program, will ensure all operational matters support this objective.”
For further information, please contact:
Cristobal Garcia-Huidobro – CEO; or Andrew Phillips – CFO
For Australasian investor relations enquiries:
Jane Morgan – Investor and Media Relations
Jane Morgan Management
+ 61 (0) 405 555 618
For U.S. and other international investor relations enquiries:
Thomas Renaud – Managing Director
Arrowhead Business and Investment Decisions, LLC
42 Broadway, 17th Floor
New York, NY 10004
Office: +1 212 619-6889
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Revival Introduces New DEX and Governance Token
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday Unlocked Phone Deals 2021: Galaxy Z Fold, iPhone 13, Pixel 6 & More Deals Summarized by The Consumer Post
- Best Samsung TV Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2021: Samsung 4K, QLED & Frame TV Savings Identified by Spending Lab
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGlobe Newswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!