Danish Government Borrowing and Debt 2020
- Dow hits milestone, S&P breaks record high on tech rally
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) to Acquire PPD, Inc. (PPD) for $47.50/sh, $17.4 Billion
- U.S. retail sales post largest gain in 10 months; weekly jobless claims fall
- Dell (DELL) Gains on Spin-Off of its 81% Stake in VMware (VMW), Analysts Bulled-Up as It Could Unlock $20 Per Share of Value for DELL
- The Stock Market is Almost 'Completely Broken' - Einhorn
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Today, Danmarks Nationalbank publishes the report Danish Government Borrowing and Debt 2020. The highlights are:
- The government budget developed better than expected in 2020, and the balance on the central government's account increased to kr. 137 billion at the end of 2020. The significant account buffer contributes to the central government entering 2021 with a good starting point. The Danish central government debt amounted to kr. 536 billion, equal to 23 per cent of GDP at the end of 2020.
- The course of the covid-19 crisis has clearly highlighted the importance of the central government having access to a broad and diversified investor base through multiple financing channels.
- Despite periods with market turmoil, domestic government bonds were sold at record low yields. On average, nominal government bonds were sold at a yield to maturity of -0.33 per cent p.a. and an average maturity of 11.6 years. Interest costs on the central government debt totalled 0.7 per cent of GDP.
Read more in the report Danish Government Borrowing and Debt 2020.
Enquiries can be directed to Thorsten Meyer Larsen on tel. +45 3363 6131.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Man Group PLC : Form 8.3 - Bally's Corporation
- Boussard & Gavaudan Investment Management LLP: Form 8.3 - RSA Insurance Group Plc
- Coop Pank AS will hold an investor webinar to introduce the results for the first quarter of 2021.
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGlobe Newswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!