CGTN: Beyond the Mountains: Life in Xinjiang
- Wall St extends recovery at end of volatile week
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
- Coinbase (COIN) To Add Dogecoin Trading in the Next Few Weeks
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE. (This material is distributed by MediaLinks TV, LLC on behalf of CCTV. Additional information is available at the Department of Justice, Washington, D.C.)
WASHINGTON, April 16, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CGTN releases "Beyond the Mountains: Life in Xinjiang" an 80-minute film on the contemporary state of northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region. Featuring 24 individuals living on the north and south of the Tianshan Mountains amid vibrant socioeconomic changes, it aims to break stereotypes and clear up misconceptions from both inside and outside the region through four parts: Changing Times, Following the Money, New Generations, and Man and Nature.
Tianshan Mountains, stretching for thousands of miles across China's northwestern frontier, divides the Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region in half – the relatively affluent north and the less developed south. For some time, people in the south with a bigger ethnic minority population didn't understand the rapid development in the north while those in the north lacked accurate views of the south, let alone people from outside the region.
After decades of development and interaction, people from both sides of the mountains became acquainted with each other. Mountains are physical boundaries that can be crossed, but "a dose of prejudice comes from the mountains in our mind that prevent us from seeing the truth," according to Han Bin, director of the documentary "Beyond the Mountains: Life in Xinjiang."
(Film by Han Bin and his production team; text by Wang Xiaonan)
Click here for more about all “Beyond the Mountains” and to view it in its entirety:
Contact: Jacqueline Horner
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/8a359338-44f0-4298-97fb-36e014309850
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Qualigen Therapeutics, Inc. Reports First Quarter 2021 Financial Results and Provides Corporate Update
- Perion Network to Present at the 16th Annual Needham Virtual Technology & Media Conference on Wednesday, May 19th
- $300 Million UBS Team Joins Pallas Capital Advisors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGlobe Newswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!