Austin Healthcare Start-Up, Decent, Ranked 2021 Best Workplace by Inc. Magazine
- Wall Street ekes out gains to close languid week
- 'Faster than Porsche but Safer than Volvo': Tesla (TSLA) Begins Model S Plaid Deliveries, Priced Between $131,100 and $145,600
- Oil hits multi-year highs in third weekly gain on demand recovery
- Snowflake (SNOW) Falls Following Investor Day Despite Strong Guidance, Analysts Bullish But Say Investors May Have Wanted More
- Dollar looks stronger as euro and sterling dip
A strong ‘trust’ culture and unique perks are championed from the top
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Austin, TX, May 12, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Decent, an Austin, Texas-based start-up disrupting the health insurance industry, has been named to Inc. magazine’s annual list of 2021 Best Workplaces. Decent was also named a winner in two other workplace categories: On the Rise: 0-4 years in business; Lean and Mean and under $5MM in gross revenue.
“We do our best to treat our employees like they deserve to be treated — with trust, appreciation, and respect. This year that has meant quickly helping employees who lost power during an unprecedented snowstorm find a warm place to stay and offering unlimited time off,” said Nick Soman, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Decent. “Being recognized as a top workplace is a special honor for Decent. Our people are at the heart of our company — they foster our amazing culture and drive our consistently outstanding customer service.”
Some notable workplace perks for Decent employees include:
- Unlimited time off.
- $1,500 travel voucher at their one-year anniversary along with a poster of nice things from coworkers!
- $500 at their two-year anniversary along with a roller derby jersey with the employee’s nickname on the back. (Decent’s Co-Founder and Chief Health Plan Officer, Molly Moore, is a former roller derby player, and the love for the sport has spread throughout the company.)
- All training and tests for obtaining and sustaining health and life insurance licenses paid for by the company.
- A team who cares! When the winter snowstorm in Texas caused some employees to lose power for several days, Decent’s human resources team found alternate lodging for them.
The Inc. magazine list is the result of a wide-ranging and comprehensive measurement of American companies that have created exceptional workplaces and company culture whether teams are operating in person or remotely. Collecting data from thousands of submissions, Inc. singled out 429 honorees this year.
Decent launched in 2018 offering small businesses and self-employed individuals ACA-compliant affordable healthcare coverage in Austin, Texas. Decent is the only company headquartered in Austin, Texas that designs and manages small business health plans and one of the first ones in the U.S to include virtual health plans, offering further discounts to members. Today, Decent health plans are available throughout Texas including Dallas, San Antonio, and Houston.
Decent envisions a world where everyone has the freedom to do the work they want without sacrificing access to affordable and comprehensive health insurance. Decent’s affordable health insurance plans for small businesses are available in Austin, Texas, and will soon expand throughout Texas and then to other parts of the US. To learn more, visit www.decent.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ellen Decareau MedVoice PR (512) 300-3334 Ellen@MedVoicePR.comSource: Decent
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Announced at Parker Seminars Orlando 2021 - Parker University Strengthens Reputation in Educational Technology Leadership Role Among Chiropractic Programs Through Partnership with Touch of Life Techno
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Lowey Dannenberg, P.C., Investigates Claims on Behalf of Investors of Skillz Inc. (SKLZ) and Encourages Investors With More Than $100,000 in Losses to Contact the Firm
- Looking for answers: An American communist explores China
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGlobe Newswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!