Amazon Sellers Are Paying Much More to Sell Their Goods: CANOPY Management Study
- Nasdaq, S&P 500 end lower, dragged down by communications services
- Intel (INTC) Stock Plummets as Expensive Investments Expected to Pressure Margins and FCF, Prompting Three Downgrades to Neutral
- Snap (SNAP) Stock Just Crashed 25% Following Earnings, Analyst Reaction Mixed
- Beyond Meat (BYND) Stock Plunges 14% After Slashing Revenue Outlook Amid a Decrease in Retail Orders
- Dollar pares losses as Powell signals bond taper
CNBC, Motley Fool report that CANOPY Management finds sharp increase in Amazon’s cost-per-click
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
AUSTIN, Texas, Oct. 12, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Amazon sellers are paying a lot more to sell their goods this year, narrowing their margins significantly. Those are the main findings of a recent report by CANOPY Management, the full-service Amazon agency that helps brands scale their business and gain market share. To create the report, CANOPY surveyed more than 300 Amazon sellers.
CNBC, PYMNTS.com, Motley Fool, Search Engine Land and other outlets highlighted one of the findings: That the cost per click for Amazon search advertising was $1.27 in August, up from 86 cents a year ago.
- The Average Cost of Sale (ACoS) via Amazon was 30.89% a year ago. Today, it’s 49.41%.
- The Return on Ad Spend, or ROAS, for Amazon sales was $3.25 last year. Today it’s $2.02.
- The Ad Spend per order was $8.20 a year ago. Now it’s $12.54.
“For sellers, the numbers that should be going down — like CPC, ACoS and Ad Spend Per Order — are going up, and going up a lot,” said CANOPY Management CEO Brian Burt. “And the ones that should be going up, like Return on Ad Spend, are dropping. It’s tough out there for an Amazon seller, but it’s still the best game in town. It’s essential that sellers maximize all aspects of their selling strategy, from visual images to search terms to advertising with Amazon’s DSP, to make the most of the unique Amazon opportunity.”
This story first appeared on CNBC:https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/19/amazon-piles-ads-into-search-results-as-big-brands-pay-for-placement.html
About CANOPY ManagementCANOPY Management is a full-service, A-to-Z Amazon marketing agency and the driving force behind many of the most successful brands on Amazon. Under CEO and Co-founder Brian Burt, CANOPY Management has helped Amazon sellers increase their profit by 84% on average YoY while receiving more than 19 industry awards since the agency’s founding in 2018. From strategic planning and product listing and optimization to cross-channel advertising and review aggregation, CANOPY Management helps brands succeed at each, or every, part of the Amazon sales funnel. Visit us at https://canopymanagement.com.
Media Contact:Bill Brazellbill@broadsheetcomms.com 917-445-7316
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Baby Floki Up Prepares for a PancakeSwap Listing on Q4 of 2021
- A statement on behalf of Joe Natale, President and CEO, Rogers Communications
- Junkie Catz Launch NFTS Launching on Polygon October 27 7PM UTC
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGlobe Newswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!