Alamos Gold Reports Fatality at its Young-Davidson Mine
- Wall Street ends higher, notches weekly gains as Fed meeting looms
- Intel pares losses but sheds $9 billion in value on dire outlook, dividend concerns
- Analysts rush to cut Intel (INTC) price targets following weaker than expected Q1 guidance
- Lucid Group (LCID) doubles on Saudi rumors
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
TORONTO, Nov. 29, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Alamos Gold Inc. (TSX:AGI; NYSE:AGI) (“Alamos” or the “Company”) deeply regrets to announce the death of an employee following an accident underground at the Young-Davidson mine this afternoon.
“We are shocked and deeply saddened by the loss of our colleague. Nothing is more important than the safety of our employees. On behalf of the entire team at Alamos, we extend our deepest sympathies to his family, friends, and loved ones,” said John A. McCluskey, President and Chief Executive Officer.
Alamos is working closely with the local authorities and will be conducting an internal investigation. All means of support are being provided to the family and those impacted by the accident.
About AlamosAlamos is a Canadian-based intermediate gold producer with diversified production from three operating mines in North America. This includes the Young-Davidson and Island Gold mines in northern Ontario, Canada and the Mulatos mine in Sonora State, Mexico. Additionally, the Company has a strong portfolio of growth projects, including the Phase 3+ Expansion at Island Gold, and the Lynn Lake project in Manitoba, Canada. Alamos employs more than 1,900 people and is committed to the highest standards of sustainable development. The Company’s shares are traded on the TSX and NYSE under the symbol “AGI”.
Investor ContactScott K. ParsonsVice President, Investor Relations(416) 368-9932 x 5439[email protected]
Media ContactRebecca ThompsonVice President, Public Affairs(416) 368-9932 x 5448[email protected]
All amounts are in United States dollars, unless otherwise stated.
The TSX and NYSE have not reviewed and do not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Barrick’s Loulo-Gounkoto Complex Continues to Deliver Value to Stakeholders
- NNIT A/S: The Danish Business Authority has issued a decision requiring NNIT to update its accounting treatment of earn-out payments in the annual reports for 2020 and 2021
- 5th Wheel Garners Global Acclaim After Their Products Showcased Innovative Strength at the 2023 CES Exhibition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGlobe Newswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!