Abraham, Fruchter & Twersky LLP Announces the Filing of a Class Action Lawsuit on Behalf of Investors of Home Point Capital Inc. (NASDAQ:HMPT)
- Wall Street falls with Amazon; S&P 500 posts sixth straight month of gains
- Amazon (AMZN) Plunges After Missing Sales and Guidance Expectations, Analysts Slash PTs to Reflect Weaker Guidance
- Pinterest (PINS) Tops Profit and Sales Views, But Shares Plunges Over 20% on a Big Monthly User Miss to Prompt Two Downgrades
- 'I'm CEO.' New Book Outlines Merger Conversations Between Elon Musk and Tim Cook
- Bullard: Fed should taper this fall, go "fairly rapidly" to end early 2022
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
NEW YORK, June 23, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Abraham, Fruchter & Twersky LLP announces that a class action lawsuit has been filed on behalf of investors who purchased Home Point Capital Inc. (“Home Point Capital” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: HMPT) common stock in connection with the Company’s January 29, 2021, initial public offering (“IPO”) of 7,250,000 shares of Home Point Capital’s common stock for $13.00 per share or total proceeds of $88,123,750 received by the selling stockholders.
The complaint alleges that Home Point Capital’s offering documents violated the Securities Act of 1933 by failing to disclose that the Company’s aggressive expansion of its broker partners would dramatically increase Home Point Capital’s expenses; at the same time that the mortgage industry was anticipating industry-wide decreased gain-on-sale margins as a result of rising interest rates in 2021. On May 6, 2021, Home Point Capital reported revenue of $324.2 million for the fiscal quarter, missing consensus estimates by $41.72 million and causing Home Point Capital’s stock price to fall nearly 18%.
If you would like to discuss this class action lawsuit or obtain more information about your rights, please contact Abraham, Fruchter & Twersky LLP by e-mailing Jack G. Fruchter (JFruchter@aftlaw.com) or Sean M. Handron-O’Brien (SHandronobrien@aftlaw.com). You may also call (212) 279-5050.
Abraham, Fruchter & Twersky LLP is a law firm based in New York and maintaining an office in California. The firm’s attorneys have extensive experience litigating on behalf of shareholders and consumers in class action litigations involving corporate misconduct and has been ranked as a leading plaintiffs’ securities litigation firm in the 2020 survey by ISS Securities Class Action Services. Please visit www.aftlaw.com for more information.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- New CEO of A/S Øresund 1. August 2021
- Top Marijuana Stocks To Buy In August? 3 That Could Deliver Strong Cannabis Earnings
- Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Reminds Investors That Class Action Lawsuits Have Been Filed Against Home Point, James River, Kanzhun, and BlueCity and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGlobe Newswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!