53 New Government Agencies Join DemandStar within 2 Months as Need for Suppliers Skyrockets Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- Wall Street ends mixed despite bumper big-bank earnings
- Coinbase (COIN) Soars 52% in Public Debut
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) Nears Deal to Buy PPD, Inc. (PPD) for More Than $15 Billion -DJ
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports a Q1 Beat on Revenue and Profit Fueled by Release of $5.2 Billion Reserved for Bad Loans; Shares Slightly Down
- Dell Technologies (DELL) Announces Planned VMware (VMW) Spin-Off
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Now more than ever, agencies seek suppliers who are competitive, easily identified and seamlessly contracted
SEATTLE, March 02, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- DemandStar, the leading online network for connecting businesses of all sizes to public sector opportunities, makes public today that 53 new government agencies have joined the leading online procurement market within January and February of this year. DemandStar was created for the benefit of both agencies and suppliers so they can easily find and secure contracts. Within the past year, government agencies saw an increase of three to five times more bids while saving 10-15 percent on contract deals.
While January and February have achieved the greatest number of agency sign-ups, 53 agencies and 21,000 business suppliers have joined DemandStar since March 1, 2020 at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. Additionally, and well over $3 billion in contract value has been moved, including both general government and COVID-19-specific spending. This increasing number of new sign-ups is a clear indication that government agencies and suppliers are overcoming the challenges of 2020 and will continue to find new ways for growth and success in 2021.
“It is no surprise that the COVID-19 pandemic has placed incredible, unforeseen pressures on government agencies. As a result, government professionals have had to locate suppliers who can help them accomplish newly established goals,” said Ben Vaught, CEO of DemandStar. “Over the past year, agencies and businesses have flocked to DemandStar and reaped its benefits. The procurement process has been made easier for our network to succeed in these challenging times, and we look forward to extending this ease of business to our new and future members.”
Below are a few stand-out agencies from the new additions:
- Santa Clara Stadium Authority, CA
- Silicon Valley/Santa Clara DMO, CA
- City of Coconut Creek, FL
- Orlando Utilities Commission, FL
- City of Temple, GA
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, GA
- Geneva Park District, IL
- Oswego Community Unit School District 308, IL
- City of Republic, MO
- Missouri State University, MO
- Town of Vienna, VA
- Dane County, WI
Government agencies and businesses looking to join DemandStar’s e-bidding procurement marketplace can learn more at https://network.demandstar.com/.
ABOUT DEMANDSTAR DemandStar builds communities by connecting government entities quickly and efficiently with quality suppliers of all sizes. Founded in 1998, they pioneered the online marketplace concept for bidding on government contracts and now serves as the gateway for B2B partnerships between governments and suppliers both locally and nationally throughout the United States. For more information or for government entities and suppliers interested in joining DemandStar’s network, please visit www.demandstar.com or call (206) 940-0305.
Contact: Jamie AndersenPhone: (949) 502-6200Email: Jamie@bastionelevate.com
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RESULT OF RIKSBANK REVERSED AUCTIONS SEK COVERED BONDS
- KuCoin Labs Launches 50 Million Fund to Find The Next Crypto Gem
- Use of First-Party Identifiers Shows Significant Lift in eCPMs According to Findings from Magnite and Adform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGlobe Newswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!