Trump says 'great discipline' in China to tackle coronavirus outbreak
- Dow, S&P 500 end with gains up after bumpy week, but Nike drags
- Over $100 Billion Wiped Off: Bitcoin (BTC) Price Falls As China's Central Bank Vows to Ban Cryptocurrency Trading
- Nike (NKE) Stock Falls On a Revenue Miss and Slashed FY Sales Outlook, Analysts Bullish Despite NT Supply Chain Challenges
- Oil hits highest in almost 3 years as supply tightens
- Here's Why Meredith (MDP) Stock Price Soared 18% in After Hours
Staff members wearing protective masks are seen at the Shanghai railway station in Shanghai, China, as the country is hit by an outbreak of a new coronavirus, February 7, 2020. REUTERS/Aly Song
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
(Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Friday after a phone conversation with Chinese President Xi Jinping that Beijing is showing "great discipline" in tackling the coronavirus outbreak that has killed more than 600 people in China.
"Nothing is easy, but he will be successful, especially as the weather starts to warm & the virus hopefully becomes weaker, and then gone," Trump said on Twitter https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1225728756456808448.
"Great discipline is taking place in China, as President Xi strongly leads what will be a very successful operation. We are working closely with China to help!"
(Reporting by Ismail Shakil in Bengaluru; Editing by Catherine Evans)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chinese police take away HNA chairman, CEO on suspicion of crimes
- Biden says COVID booster shots will be free and accessible
- Nasdaq short interest down 0.07% in mid-September
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Politics, Reuters
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump, Twitter
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!