Quantum computing provider IonQ to go public via $2 billion SPAC deal
- Wall Street surges to all-time closing high on earnings, economic revival
- Was Intel's (INTC) Second Quarter a Speedbump or Inflection?
- Twitter (TWTR) Gains After Beating Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PTs as Brand Recovery Accelerates
- U.S. dollar on track for second week of gains; Fed meeting in focus
- Snap (SNAP) Surges 17% After Smashing Q2 Views Across the Board to Yield a Dozen Price Target Hikes
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - Quantum computing company IonQ Inc said on Monday it will go public through a merger with a blank-check firm in a deal that gives the combined company a pro-forma market capitalisation of $2 billion.
The merger will provide IonQ with gross proceeds of $650 million, which includes a private investment of $350 million from private equity firms Silver Lake, Fidelity Management and Research, automaker Hyundai Motor Co and others. (https://refini.tv/3brBnbG)
Founded in 2015, College Park, Maryland-based IonQ has partnered with Microsoft Corp and Amazon.com Inc's Amazon Web Services (AWS) to make its quantum computers available through cloud technology, its website showed.
Other investors of IonQ include Samsung Catalyst Fund, Lockheed Martin Corp and Airbus Ventures, among others.
dMY Technology Group Inc III , a so-called special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), raised $275 million through an initial public offering in November last year.
SPACs are shell companies which raise funds through an IPO to acquire a private company, which then becomes public as a result. It serves as an alternative for companies looking to enter public markets and allows more certainty in terms of the valuation it can receive on the deal.
(Reporting by Niket Nishant and Sohini Podder in Bengaluru; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila and Shailesh Kuber)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- China Said to Weigh Asking After-School Tutors to Go Non-Profit - Bloomberg
- BRP Group (BRP) Acquires The Capital Group
- IPO for SPAC Belong Acquisition Corp. (BLNG) Opens at $9.92
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Reuters
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, IPO, SPAC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!