Muddy Waters' Carson Block to roll out internet TV channel for short selling
- S&P 500, Nasdaq hit record closing peaks on eve of Fed meeting
- Oil steadies after hitting 2-yr high as demand hopes face supply growth
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Pops 10% as Tesla's Musk Signals Another U-Turn on Bitcoin Payments
- Lordstown Motors (RIDE): CEO and CFO Resign, Presents Results of Investigation Of Hindenburg Research Report
- Paul Tudor Jones is 'Probably' Buying Commodities, Crypto, Gold if Fed Continues to Ignore Inflation Concerns, Endorses Bitcoin (BTC) as a Portfolio Diversifier
FILE PHOTO: Carson Block, Chief Investment Officer, Muddy Waters Capital LLC., speaks at the Sohn Investment Conference in New York City, U.S. May 4, 2016. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Muddy Waters Research founder Carson Block on Wednesday will launch Zer0es TV, an internet video channel dedicated to informing investors about the mechanics and processes of short-selling.
A promotional video for the new channel, which will be free, said short-selling needs to be explained in detail so that investors can understand the issues and make decisions about how to protect themselves.
"This is the information that nobody else in the marketplace has any incentive to give you, except for activist short sellers," Block said on the video.
Short sellers such as Block do extensive research on companies they think are over-valued or have engaged in fraudulent practices. The strategy entails borrowing stock to sell, then buying it back later at a lower price for a profit.
RealVision.com, a website dedicated to investing through the use of video, will be the production arm for Zer0es TV, which will have both live and pre-recorded content, said Stefan Prelog, a spokesman for Zer0es TV.
"This video channel is the go-to place for anything to do with short-selling," a blurb on a RealVision web page says. "Nothing is off limits and nothing is watered down."
(Reporting by Herbert Lash; Editing by Sonya Hepinstall)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- U.S. administers 310.6 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines - CDC
- Egypt upholds death sentence for 12 senior Muslim Brotherhood figures
- Back to the future: 2020s to echo roaring 20s or inflationary 70s?
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Reuters
Related EntitiesMuddy Waters LLC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!