L Brands to test private equity firms' appetite for Victoria's Secret again: NYT
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
FILE PHOTO: A customer passes by an L Brands Inc., Victoria's Secret retail store in Manhattan, New York, U.S., May 13, 2016. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
(Reuters) - L Brands' bankers at Goldman Sachs would begin pitching buyout firms about a potential sale of its Victoria's Secret lingerie brand as soon as this week, the New York Times reported on Tuesday, citing people with knowledge of the matter.
The Columbus, Ohio-based company's attempt to sell a majority stake in its Victoria's Secret business to Sycamore Partners collapsed last year after the buyout firm alleged that L Brands breached the terms of the deal.
L Brands did not immediately respond to Reuters' request for comment.
Earlier this month, the company said it was aiming to complete the separation of its Victoria's Secret and Bath & Body Works businesses by August, with options including a spin-off of the former into a public company or a private sale of the business.
(Reporting by Praveen Paramasivam in Bengaluru; Editing by Shinjini Ganguli)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Koch to Acquire Transaction Network Services from Siris Capital
- Dell Technologies (DELL) said to explore sale of Boomi cloud business - Bloomberg
- Inspirato Said in Talks to Merge with Thayer Ventures Acquisition (TVAC) - Bloomberg (Earlier)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity, Reuters
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!