Goldman Sachs to issue credit cards for General Motors
- Microsoft (MSFT) Near Deal to Acquire Nuance (NUAN) - Report
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
FILE PHOTO: The Goldman Sachs company logo is seen in the company's space on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange, (NYSE) in New York, U.S., April 17, 2018. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - Goldman Sachs Group Inc said on Friday it expects to become the issuing bank for automaker General Motors Co's credit card business, starting September this year.
Media reports in October said that Goldman had won the bidding over Barclays Plc for the automaker's credit card business in a $2.5 billion deal.
Goldman and GM did not disclose the terms of the deal but said that Mastercard Inc will remain the network for the card.
The deal will enhance Goldman's focus on its consumer banking business, which it is expanding to even out volatile results from segments such as trading and investment banking.
This is the bank's second major credit card partnership, following the launch of a card with Apple Inc in 2019.
(Reporting by Ankit Ajmera in Bengaluru)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GM, Ford cutting more North American production due to chip shortage
- Upstart Holdings (UPST) Prices 2M Share Offering at $120
- Shares in SK Innovation surge after settlement with rival brightens U.S. prospects
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Reuters
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Barclays
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!