Facebook (FB) to Annouce Deal with ESL to Broadcast Esports as Part of Shift in Video Strategy -WSJ
- Wall Street ends volatile week sharply higher
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
- Coinbase (COIN) To Add Dogecoin Trading in the Next Few Weeks
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wall Street Journal reporters Sarah Needleman and Deepa Seetharaman report that Facebook (NASDAQ: FB)
making the shift to Esports, highlighting a change in video strategy, as the company looks to compensate professional videogame teams and other from the industry to post content on its social network.
According to the reports, Facebook already has agreements in place with five Esports teams to produce live and on-demand video of competitions and practices. Another deal with ESL, a global organizer of Esports contests, is expected to be announced shortly.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Irish High Court Rules Rejects Facebook (FB) Procedural Challenges to Data-Transfer Suspension - DJ
- Lemonade (LMND) Mentioned as Short at Muddy Waters
- AMC shares add to rally with strong focus among retail investors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!