Discord says working with 'Wallstreetbets' team to moderate its new server
- S&P 500, Dow slip from record highs; Coca-Cola rises on results
- GameStop (GME) announces George Sherman will be stepping down as CEO
- Dollar slumps to 6-week low, Bitcoin steadies after weekend drop
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
(Reuters) - Discord Inc, a messaging platform for online gamers, said on Thursday it was working with the 'Wallstreetbets' Reddit chat room team to moderate its new server.
Discord said on Wednesday it had removed the WallStreetBets server from its platform for violating its guidelines on hate speech and spreading misinformation.
The Reddit chat room that has driven stock surges for GameStop and other companies will be allowed back on Discord so long as "they improve their moderation practices", a Discord spokeswoman said.
"We have reached out to the moderators to provide them with support and advice", she added.
(Reporting by Kanishka Singh in Bengaluru)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Exclusive: Fearing foreclosure crisis, U.S. watchdog cracks down on mortgage servicers
- Zoom launches $100 million fund to invest in apps using its technology
- Factbox: Bitcoin's march to the mainstream gathers pace