Bausch Health names new CFO, says eye care unit spinoff on track
- S&P 500, Dow slip as focus turns to tech earnings
- Kansas City Southern (KSU) Soars as Bidding War Brews After Canadian National Railway (CNI) Makes a $33.7 Billion Offer
- Analysts Positive, Raise PTs as IBM (IBM) Tops Market Estimates and Reaffirms Guidance
- Boeing (BA) Down 3% After CFO - Aged 54 - Retires, Seen as an 'Odd' Move
- Tesla (TSLA): Problems in China Mounting as Communist Party Officials Ask Company to 'Respect Chinese Consumers and Comply with Local Laws'
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - Bausch Health Companies Inc on Thursday named insider Sam Eldessouky as its new finance chief, at a time when the Canadian drugmaker looks to speed up the spinoff of eye care unit Bausch + Lomb.
Current CFO Paul Herendeen will take on the role of advisor to the chairman and chief executive officer, the company said.
Eldessouky's appointment comes amid calls from activist investor Glenview Capital Management for Bausch to spin-off Bausch + Lomb by year-end. The company in August said it would offload the unit into a separate publicly listed firm.
Bausch last month agreed to add directors from Icahn Group to its board, weeks after activist investor Carl Icahn disclosed a nearly 8% stake.
Eldessouky joined Bausch Health, previously known as Valeant Pharmaceuticals, in 2016 as senior vice president and corporate controller.
(Reporting by Manas Mishra and Mrinalika Roy in Bengaluru; Editing by Devika Syamnath)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Home Depot to face boycott over Georgia voting curbs
- Killer in Indianapolis FedEx shooting browsed white supremacist websites - police
- United Airlines plans to resume operations of grounded 777 planes
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Reuters
Related EntitiesCarl Icahn, Glenview Capital Management
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!